Help me Find Scope Mount for My Einfield

TX Hunter

I bought a rework Einfield N#5 Jungle Carbine, I know its not an original, but it had a single hole Tapped on the reciever and it look like at one time it had some kind of clamp attached to the stripper clip guide.
Does anyone know what kind of mount this is, and where I could find one.

Here is a picture of where the reciever is tapped. Thanks

Photo697.jpg

TX Hunter

Thanks Petahw i will look at that one, this rifle shoots left real bad and ive drifted the front site as far as I can. I had to put JB WELD in the dovetail to keep the sight from falling out.

PetahW

Have a knowledgeable gunsmith or barrel man BEND the barrel slightly to the right. . :eek:

A half-smidgen oughta do it. . :p

TX Hunter

Petahw

Well i checked on the mount and its not that one because its a no tap mount, unless a gunsmith tapped the part that goes over the reciever ring for added stability. I will check with a smith i know about correcting the point of impact. I did notice that the rear appeture is off center and to the left, its a strange design

PetahW

[I did notice that the rear appeture is off center and to the left,]

When all else fails, K.I.S.S. - move the rear sight aperture to the "right", and the POI will surely follow.

TX Hunter

Petah W

The appeture is not adjustable its built that way. It would require modification. It is however do able.

boostedtt91

do they make any scope mounts for enfield that you don't have the permanatley alter the gun to install? I don't want to have to drill holes or anything, i want to be able to return gun to original configuration if needed.
Looking for one for my 7.62 2A Ishapore

TX Hunter

Boostedtt91

Yes there are several no tap mounts for the einfield, just look up S and k mounts. I will probably do the same thing.