Help me fill a gap here please

herdman

Need to fill a gap in my small collection.

Have a 22LR revolver and semi auto
Have small Bodyguard 380 that I pocket carry(sometimes IWB).
Then, jump to full size 9mm(Beretta M9 and Ruger P89)
Have a GP100 357 revolver.

I am leaning towards a smaller 9mm like a Shield, Ruger LC9S, or Ruger SR9C.
I don't have striker fired and something like that could also be used for carry.
I think that fits a gap between the Bodyguard and M9. I think I need to stick with 9mm.

AustinTX

Those three are all good guns. The Shield would be my personal choice among those three, but you should try to at least handle them all and see which one fits you best. Take a look at the Walther PPS as well.

lee n. field

I am leaning towards a smaller 9mm like a Shield, Ruger LC9S, or Ruger SR9C.
I don't have striker fired and something like that could also be used for carry.
I think that fits a gap between the Bodyguard and M9. I think I need to stick with 9mm.

OK, I'll play.

"Buy a Glock 19 and be done with it."

That's what I have the most experience with that fits your criteria. Though, that market niche has a lot to pick from.

If I wanted something a bit smaller, G26, Kel Tec PF9 or Ruger's copy of the PF9.

Doyle

I'm thinking you need something more potent that a .380 that is also more concealable than your full-sized Beretta and Ruger. Something along the lines of a single stack 9mm or .40. Perhaps one of the compacts such as a Kahr PW9/P40, Sig P250, S&W M&P Shield, etc.

Cheapshooter

Have a 22LR revolver and semi auto
Have small Bodyguard 380 that I pocket carry(sometimes IWB).
Then, jump to full size 9mm(Beretta M9 and Ruger P89)
Have a GP100 357 revolver.
You don't have a Glock! what's wrong with you man?
If you want to go compact size.....G19
Even smaller, go G26

But then, missing as much as a Glock in your collection is something in a 1911.
Why stick with 9MM, and miss out on the wonderful world of the 45!

40CalGuy

bump the bodyguard. terrible pistol. one of the worst semi auto 380s out there, right along with taurus and kahr and that awful ruger LCP.

as for filling the gap, you have more than 1. i'd suggest starting by picking a caliber you'd like to be in and we can go from there.

tahunua001

I would recommend the SR9C. it does a good job of being compact for carry and has the grip extensions and 17 round mags for if you want to pretend it's a full size. I really like my SR9. another model you may consider is the springfield XDM compact which is not quite as compact, but in my opinion, a better design and nicer pistol.

Spats McGee

Administrator
There are a ton of choices in the compact, striker-fired 9mm category. My choice was a G19, and I'm very happy mine. Don't rule out the MP9c, SR9c, CZ (several models), etc.

doofus47

I like my SR9c. You can carry ten while CCW and 17 while at the range (if you're not in a stupid state like mine that thinks your safety is in risk by having more than 15...)

herdman

bump the bodyguard. terrible pistol. one of the worst semi auto 380s out there, right along with taurus and kahr and that awful ruger LCP.

as for filling the gap, you have more than 1. i'd suggest starting by picking a caliber you'd like to be in and we can go from there
-------------------

The 9mm is the preferred caliber.

shaunpain

If you must go striker fired, there are at least a dozen choices for you to pick from. If I were you, though, I'd go 1911!! Maybe a commander or even a CCO pattern. My future CCW (didn't take the classes yet) will be a Sig C3. Loving the gun.

hartcreek

What gap? You need a woods gun so you can go camping and fishing and such so a .357 Mag is your next choice or better yet 10mm.

herdman

What gap? You need a woods gun so you can go camping and fishing and such so a .357 Mag is your next choice or better yet 10mm.

------

Already have a GP100, .357