Help Me Decide

Which gun for Chris' wedding present?

• Ruger Vaquero Convertable .45 LC, .45 ACP Case hardened.

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • Sig P239 .40 with a.357 barrel. maybe two toned.

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Remington 870 Marine Magnum

Votes: 10 21.7%
  • Kimber Compact in Stainless

Votes: 11 23.9%
  • Bushmaster 20 inch AR-15(basic)

Votes: 18 39.1%

• Total voters

cslinger

Long time lurker, new poster. Hi everybody and thanks for all the good info you have unknowingly given me in the past.

I am getting married soon and my wife to be asked me what I want for a wedding present. Well I can't decide being a certified, card carrying, gun nut just like everybody else here. Anyway I thought I would pose the question to you guys since gun nuts love to give advice to other gun nuts. BTW, I say gun nut with love and respect, not Anti Gunner paranoia.

Ok so here are my choices and unfortunitely get them all will not be an option.

1)Ruger Vaquero convertable .45 long colt/.45 ACP
2)Sig P239 with .40 and .357 barrels, two guns in one :0)
3)Remington 870 Marine magnum, don't have a 12 gauge yet.
4)Kimber compact in stainless. I have yet to get a 1911 style.

I will probably get a M1 Garand next year from CMP and I haven't done enough research on that yet so I don't think I will list that.

A little background. I have two SIGs, a 220 stainless and a 225 and I also have a stainless Ruger Vaquero in .357.

A little part of me has the itch for a AR-15 but that is probably too much money. But what the hell lets add that to the poll too. I do have a VEPR 2 so I have filled my evil black rifle quota.

Anyway give me your opinions. Once again thanks for all the great info in the past. I wasn't sure where to post this, this is why I put in in the general forum.

Chris

Blackhawk

Bushie!

Second choice is the 870.

You're not a well balanced gun nut until you've thoroughly enjoyed an AR-15/M16 type rifle! :D

Bob Locke

I was back and forth between the 870 and the Kimber, so I went with the Kimber.

Primary reason: You can save up for the 870 in a lot shorter period of time than you could that Kimber, so let HER shell out the big bucks! :D

JoLLyRoGr

definitely the bushy. The only 'downside' if she gets you one, is you will become totally hooked on the black rifle, and there is no going back. You will not be able to stop with just one. :D

Kermit

The others I can still get, but if an AR were ever on my states approved for purchase list again, I'd get 2 :D

Zundfolge

The wife to be is gonna get you a gun as a wedding present?

Damn brotha ... sounds like you got yourself a keeper :)

MeekAndMild

Congratulations! Id take the bushmaster if I were you. You want to get a gun she'd enjoy shooting so she'll go with you to the range. Unless you're marrying Tamera, in which case get the Sig. :D

Ala Dan

Member in memoriam
I voted for the Remington 870 Marine Magnum, cuz once you
own one you will never depart with it!:D :cool: :)

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

Congratulations!

The Bushmaster. Handguns are too close and personal. Reach out reach out and touch someone.

BTW, if the wedding falls through, may I be next in line? ;)

cslinger

I am surprised at how many EBR people have chimed in. I would love to get a Bushmaster but I think that will realistically be out of our price range.

Now if we can take up a small collection, maybe 10 dollars per memeber to go to the Chris needs an AR fund maybe it could work.

Thanks for all the responses, though.

Question for you AR guys, I have shot plenty but never cleaned one. How hard are they to clean. ARe they as bad as some people say because they throw gunk everywhere inside.

In all honesty I figured I would have gotten a bunch of Kimber suggestions because......"you don't own a real gun until you have a 1911." God rest JMB's soul and all that.

Thanks again.

By the way, gun gift or no gun gift, I know how good I have it with this one and she is all mine and I am not giving her up. Go find your own and if possible convert her to our side.

Chris

nascarnhlnra

I voted 12 gauge cause every household should own a good Remington or Mossy 12 gauge, it's part of homeland defense ya know, atleast part of mine.;)

MatthewM

I think the reason for the 12ga over Kimber is that you already have several pistols.

You need:
1 semi-auto .22 pistol
1 semi-auto .22 rifle
1 12ga w/ home & hunting barrels.
1 308 bolt or semi. AR 308 would be great!
1 9mm, 40 or 45.

After that, you add a .223 and additional pistols. Look how many shoes and purses women want. You need at least half a dozen different pistols.

Then there's the minimum 1000 rounds for each firearm as well. 5000 minimum for the .22lr.

cslinger

Matthew M

That is not my whole collection.

I have an EBR, a couple .22 semi auto pistols, a .22 semi rifle, .22 magnum bolt action rifle, A mauser, a 9mm, a couple .45s, a .357, .22 revolver, .357 single action army...

I have at least half a dozen pistols but unfortunitely my wife to be only has one purse she uses. She is very understanding of my affliction.....ahh I mean my hobby though.

Thanks for the reply.