Help me compare the Sig and the Ruger...

TinyDee

Okay, first just know I have both but have to say I have full confidence in the Sig and maybe not sure on the Ruger LCP. It is a 232 stainless and I love it but I know it is larger. How much? Not sure and maybe I am just paranoid. How does everyone feel about the Sig and the Ruger? Just fine or what...

rigby06

I can't speak to the Ruger, but I have a Sig 232, great gun, I bought mine after shooting one of my friends Sig 232, I was able to shoot under a 2' group rapid fire at 10 yards with the first magazine, I was sold on one from there out. I don't have many round through mine yet, only 1 box, so far no issues, but I will let the Firing Line know of any. :)

Cemo

We have had a Sig P232 for several years now. It is 100% reliable and very accurate, has very fast follow up shot and is enjoyable to shoot. We do not pocket carry it, rather it rides in an IWB holster or in the wife's purse. We both have LCP's and do carry them in a pocket holster. They have been 100% reliable also and although they are a little stout to shoot, neither of us have any issues with them. The beauty of the LCP size pistols and that they can be carried concealed so easily, although I would much rather have the Sig if ever had to defend myself, or better yet a larger caliber which is often carried. Carry em' both, the LCP also makes a good BUG.

Mosin44az

Not sure what you are asking here. The Ruger LCP and the Sig P232 are both .380s, but otherwise not really comparable as the SIG is substantially larger and heavier, made of steel, etc.

The LCP is intended as a lightweight pocket gun that easily slips in the pocket. The SIG P 232 is a more general-purpose pistol that can be carried concealed, but is too large and heavy for almost all pocket carry.

My LCP has been very reliable, only 4 malfs in nearly 1000 rounds, and two of those were a gunshow-brand HP and another was a Cor-Bon, which has caused malfs in several of my guns the last couple of years. I can vouch for the quality of the LCP, and in my experience and by general reputation, Ruger is a great company making high-quality reliable guns at very good prices.

The SIG will last longer, being made of steel and all.

Did you mean the 232 or the SIG P 238, which is a pocket .380 just a bit bigger and heavier than the LCP? Or did you mean the Ruger LC9, a new 9mm offering closer in size to the 232?