Help installing UBR on M&P10

Venom1956

Has anyone one done this? Smith has a little longer buffer tube normally but I'd much rather have my UBR on it. Has anyone done it? I assume its a matter of a new buffer and spring to match the shorter tube?:confused: I hate non standard parts:mad:

bacardisteve

Haven't done it but having worked on a mp10 all I can say is good luck. Why in the world Smith couldn't have gone with a common pattern so parts could be upgraded or replaced is a mystery

dvdcrr

Smith and Wesson went for a lightweight build. Most AR10 are tanks. I credit their engineers for starting at point A and getting to point B on their own. Buy an MP10 for what it is. A nice, reliable, reasonably light 18" semi auto ambidextrous 308.

the possum

Smith and Wesson went for a lightweight build. Most AR10 are tanks.

I agree, and it's the whole reason I went with the M&P-10. The shop had a DPMS .308 in the rack, and handling them side by side, the DPMS felt much heavier, with all the handling grace of a two by four. That was made out of bricks instead of pine. The Smith had much better balance, making it easier to move quickly- it almost feels like a real hunting rifle.