Help IDing a rifle rest (I think)

grumpa72

A friend called yesterday because a family friend's husband had recently passed. He was, apparently, an avid reloader and shooter and I was trying to evaluate some equipment from photos and ran into a road block. Another forum helped me ID a reloading die but now another item came up that has me stumped. Can anyone ID this (what I believe to be) rifle rest. In the attached picture, it is in middle of the picture, sitting on the table, with two-tone grey plastic pieces and the two chromed rails.

I have an abundance of photos to go through and I am slowly working my way through it all.

Do I have the correct sub-forum?

grumpa72

grumpa72@gmail.com

Attachments

• rifle rest.jpg
    rifle rest.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 44

grumpa72

I can see where you mistook my photo. It is the item behind the box with compartments in the foreground and is the second item back on the table. I believe the first item is a gunsmith rest of some sort with compartments for tools or ...

Picher

The vise is primarily for working on guns. It's not a shooting rest and if used for one, may cause rounds to not hit where they would when shooting from a true shooting rest.

BillM

Your first item is a cleaning stand. Rifle is held in the top notches,
side notches are for cleaning rods. The upright pieces are identical to
the ones that come with a "Midway Range Box", so there is a pretty
good chance your unit also is from Midway.