Help identify a gun in Three Kings???

USPshooter

Anybody remember the movie Three Kings with Mark Whalberg, Ice Cube and George Cloony? In the movie, the skinny white kid carried a snub nosed revovler...anybody know what it was? If I remember right, it had a long cylinder on it. I can't find any pics of it.

Dfariswheel

It was a revolver chambered for the .45 Colt/.410 shotgun shell.
This is legal since it has a rifled barrel.

Sorry, I can't remember the name right now.
It's been discontinued, and apparently wasn't a very high quality gun to start with.

I haven't heard anything about the 'Thunder Five' in a while. It was likely available when that movie was made. Still available, according to their site, at $560 - inc s/h - to your ffl. It is all steel now - with a 'grey phosphate' finish - weighs 3 lbs - and holds five .45 Colts or up to 3" .410 shot shells. I don't know how the action is - or whether it is SAAMI-spec's only on the .45 Colt, like the Taurus #4410 'Judge'. BTW, that Taurus is sized for 2.5" .410's - they'll have a new model - #4510 - reportedly by the end of the year with 3" chambers. Interesting firearms, but I'll keep my S&W 625MG in .45 Colt.

BFR only makes a .45 Colt in the long cylinder .410/.45 Colt format - a bit bigger still - and more moola, although it is SA only.

Stainz (My first post here!)

45reloader

They use to be made out of cheap metal.I'm not sure how much better they are now.

Taurus has the same gun if you really wanted one.

Keep in mind the rifling in the barrel opens up the shotgun shell pattern alot, so the gun would only be good for up close work.Also it will only chamber 2 1/2 in 410 shell,and they don't have many to pick from.

USPshooter

Thats it...I believe....I'm not looking for one, I have just always wondered what it was. I believe the one in the movie had a shorter barrel than what the Taurus offers..not sure though.

Homerboy

If you have the DVD, the extras portion of it talks about the gun, and includes the deleted scene where the redneck got it mailed to him from a buddy from home. It is a .410 shell. Don't remember the manufacturer.

SDC

The one in the movie was the Thunder Five, but every one I've shot has had a 20-pound trigger-pull.