Help id ak74

I'm in the market for an ak74. I have a person wanting to trade one for an ar I have. I'm unable to locate or I'd the rifle he has. He says it only has a made in USA stamp and seriel#. No other marks. I'm attaching pics hoping someone may know who made it. A friend says by the foregrip it looks romanian. But he's unsure.

syquqe5e.jpg
ubyruza4.jpg
a9a4ahes.jpg
jaje3u4y.jpg
yha6ury9.jpg
evyzamer.jpg

amd6547

The receiver is in its "as sold" state...nothing a good paint job won't fix.
The question is, what kind of AR are you trading, and what is its value?
The 74 in question may be a good one, but it would take a close look and a range visit to confirm that. If it was made with original Bulgarian parts including OEM barrel, and made well, then it would be worth looking at.
Otherwise, if you want an AK74, sell your AR and buy a Saiga...I love mine.
The 5.45 is a great round and fun to shoot.

Ridge_Runner_5

Yeah, no way. Only AK-74 to trade for an AR worth $1200 would probably be something like an Arsenal, maybe with a folding stock.

Glad to hear you didn't make the trade.

Skans

That is not any kind of collectible import. It's just a parts kit on a US made receiver. And from the looks of it, one of the thin 1mm receivers. Condition is rough, like others have said. It looks like someone tried to assemble it by pounding on the rivets - i.e. without the proper tools. I would pay $250 cash to buy it from a friend if he really needed the money, and would gladly sell it back to him at that same price.