Help I need to find a russian can opener for milsurp cans

Colonel Custer

Every 440 can I open sends my wife to the phone ready to dial 911. Where can i find a can opener for it?

I buy 7.62x54 and 7.62x39 in bulk.

Avenger

The openers are included in the CRATE that the two ammo cans come in...just buy a crate and you get the opener. You can also use a dremel tool or cutoff wheel in a drill to open them.

Don P

Army & Navy store should have the old military can openers as well as todays modern Swiss Army knives

chiefr

I guess on of my old hobbys, restoring cars, has help me here. Like changing a door skin. I lay the can upside down and with a small hammer and chizell, gently tap and pry the lid all the way around the can. I have been able to remove the lid in such a manner I can reuse it. Takes patience.
I once tried to find a can opener and seems everyone was sold out.

Colonel Custer

Wow 45 minutes with tin snips and no need for stitches

Granted the metal spam can is fubar'd. A steel toothed wolverine coulda been blamed. The store I got it at stated they couldn't sell the openers, and all 4 gun shops in my area could not suggest where to find them. I searched over 35 can opener sites and 70 some odd mil surplus sights but as usual you people came through for me, A VERY BIG THANK YOU to my forum pals.