Help, Finding stainless mauser type actions.

H&Hhunter

I am building several .458 lott rifles. they are stainless and we need actions for them. They must be positive feed preferably winchester actions. Any info out there???

DeBee

Wasn't Charles Daly coming out with stainless Mauser actions??? I've been waiting for that to happen but haven't heard much about it...

Supposed to have magnum length too... The bottom metal is going to need a lot of work...

George Stringer

Staff Alumnus
The only Charles Daly actions I've seen for sale so far have been CM. I don't know of a Mauser action in stainless. The Win 70 is probably the way to go. Of course you'll probably have to buy a rifle to get the action but you might check on GunsAmerica and find a decent deal on one. George

Joe Portale

Charles Daley does carry a stainless Mauser action. The only problem is that they are all out of stock. It seems that Congress is still hammering out a trade agreement with Yugoslavia where these actions come from. So all trade is suspended until furher notice.

For a short time, Brownell's carried them. The actions were not listed in the main catalogue, but were listed in one of the update flyers that ship out with an order. I waited too long and missed out. They were not bad dollar wise either. I would keep an eye on the Daley webpage and see what happens. Of course we will be waiting on Congress, so that could take awhile.