Help! Basic Pistol/CCW Class in Port Charlotte, FL Area?

GunFool

Does anyone from the southwest suncoast Fort Myers/Port Charlotte Florida area know where I can get some quick classes for basic shooting instruction which will also meet the requirement (provide the 'paper') for the state Concealed Carry permit? I am frustrated because I have completed every part of my application and all I need is proof of 'formal' training to send along to apply. I cant seem to communicate with even the local NRA guy and the next Gun Show class in my area isn't until early May. Either way, I'd like a little more practice time and instruction. Any suggestions?

branrot

I used to live in Naples. I know that the CCSO (Collier County Sheriff's Office) has a class, as may the Lee or Charlotte county sheriffs. Privately, you can try a friend of mine named Nick. He can be reached at NickD1122@aol.com. There's another guy named Don Johnson (no relation to Miami Vice Don Johnson), but I don't know how to reach him.

GunFool

To be honest, I already looked into the NRA classes - the problem is that there is only one instructor in my area and I haven't been able to keep an open communication with him. My odd work hours make it difficult for me to get on the phone and not everyone uses email as regularly as we might here. I was hoping there might be another alternative...I guess I'll just have to practice and wait for the Gun Show class in May (ugh!).

rblack

GunFool,

I think that either this coming weekend or the next, I'm not sure which, there is a gun show in downtown Ft. Myers at the Harborside Convention Center. You could probably call and find out for sure.

kingknives

Check the Suncoast Gunshows link above and check their schedule. They have a show about every weekend and may have one you could drive to. The next one in Ft. Myers is May 5-6.