Hello

Leif

Just a quick not to say that I am 'delurking' to say thank you for the valuable advice I've found frequently on this website. Every time I think of posting a question, invariably an answer to it already exists in the archives! I started shooting while a child, mainly shotguns and .22 carbines, and have resumed recently and entered the world of centerfire, so this site has been very helpful. Anyways, back to lurking since I'm supposed to be working (hey, that rhymes)!

Quantrill

Leif,
There is a lot of shooting clubs and competition in the Northern Delaware and Southern New Jersey areas. Welcome back!! Quantrill

Leif

Quantrill,

Thanks! What's the shooting like in S. Jersey? Have not been there for that purpose before. Usually I hit Targetmaster in Chadds Ford, PA to shoot my 10/22 and GP-100. A co-worker has some land in eastern MD that I shoot at occasionally as well.

Quantrill

While I am not actively involved in all of these, I am aware that they are happening.
North/South skirmish ass'n with a range in Quinton.
Cowboy action shooting at the same range
Bullseye pistol, plinking and hi-power competition out to 600 yards in Millville
National Match pistol and rifle in Elmer
Many small ranges at hunting clubs in the Wharton Forest
Hope this starts you thinking! Quantrill

Leif

Thanks for the info. Maybe I'll have to come over to Jersey, do some shooting, and see that whale stuck in the river.

Leif

Thanks. There's a white Beluga whale currently swimming in the Delaware River near Trenton. It's been nicknamed "Delawhale"! It's pretty rare for these parts.

arcticap

I have a feeling it's trying to find it's way to Connecticut to celebrate the Civil Union legislation that's ready to pass, but it's gone the wrong way up the wrong river.
Maybe they will attempt to capture it and bring it to the Mystic Aquarium here, they haven't had one performing stunts for many years that I know of.

Last edited: