Hello from a newbie

12GaugeShuggoth

Well howdy and welcome! Just read, read, and read :D. I haven't been here all that long either, but things seem to be fairly tame around here compared to some other forums I've participated in. Just don't rant about any politics, and don't start a 9mm vs .45acp thread :D. Otherwise, enjoy!

CortJestir

Welcome Jersey Joe! What exit are you from? :D

Seriously, you've found the right place to learn about firearms and the shooting sport. Have fun and stay safe.

CJ

scorpion_tyr

Welcome aboard! I'd suggest reading the rules and such just so you don't sound and then feel dumb. I learned the hard way :D There's a lot of really great information out there! Enjoy :D

Keltyke

Welcome to The Firing Line, otherwise known as "The Zoo". Just jump in with comments and questions whenever it strikes your fancy. We don't bite - hard. :D

Bud Helms

Welcome to TFL, jersey joe.

I spent the summer in South New Jersey this year. I was pleasantly surprised at the rural nature of that part of Jersey. I enjoyed the stay.

Be sure and read the Forum Rules and the "sticky" threads at the beginning (top) of the forums.

Deet

Howdy Joe- here's a simple list of Don'ts:

Dont bash Glocks- people really love them here
Dont use the word clip to describe a magazine
Don't ask a 9mm vs.40 vs.45 type question
Don't ever apologize- we can always smell blood in the water
Beside that have fun, and take everything with a grain of salt.

Rachen

Welcome to the board!

Also regarding .45 vs 9mm, don't be mentioning about using duct tape to attach trauma plates to your back either!:D

Welcome aboard, jersey joe.

Just like most have said, read the rules and have some fun. They're pretty basic, only a bit more professional minded. Don't forget to use the search function. If you still can't get a specific answer, by all means, start up a thread. Before you know it, we'll all be coming out of the woodwork...

Don't break any, now. You'll have some jerk hijacking your thread and act like Cartman. There's this one guy that's a total dweeb from Blue Grass, Iowa that will....hey, wait a minute....:eek:

jersey joe

Thanks for the welcome and advice. I am from central NJ near Princeton University. No rifling in NJ so I take my hunting elsewhere.