Hello Again

SIMP

Man, it's been a while since I last posted here and I wanted to stop by and waive a hand! I've been searching the threads gathering information for my next purchase. The only semi-autos I own are a Beretta Neos .22 and a Ruger LCP which I just picked up two days ago. I've still yet to shoot it!

Anyway, I know this isn't much of an informative or helpful post but..."Hello Again" from down here in Mississippi.

aarondhgraham

Hello Simp,,,

That NEOS is a very fun gun to shoot,,,
I have three that I use when I take newbies plinking.

Every technique that pertains to good shooting,,,
Can be practiced well with a Beretta NEOS.

So get yourself a 550 round bulk pack,,,
Then get out there and shoot it like you stole it. :D

Hey man,,,
Someone has to tame all those feral tin cans. :cool:

Aarond

bitttorrrent

I have several .22's, but nothing with a rail that i want to mount a red dot to.

So, I think I am going to get another Baretta - the Neos.

I have a PX4 Storm and love it so why not. Plus all the great reviews from all over it sounds like a good deal.

SIMP

Hello everybody!

MS Dave, I'm also here in Mississippi. The weather has been nice, huh?

I enjoy the Neos very much. It's a blast to shoot and I love the price on .22 ammo.

If you are in the Jackson Metro area this weekend maybe we could meet and you can try out a few other pistols. The indoor range should still be open in Clinton for this weekend and next. The owner is retiring and is scheduled to close soon. After that I probably will have to find another place to shoot.

SIMP

Yeah, I'm in the area but I'm taking my girl hunting this weekend. It's youth weekend and she's ready to go! Thank you for your very generous offer though. That's very nice of you.

I hate that Surplus City is shutting down. I think the next closest range is in Byrum, right? I guess Bass Pro and Academy put a hurting on Surplus. I enjoy going to Van's in Brandon to do my shopping. You?

I have been to Van's several times and picked up a few guns there as well.

There is the Wild Life Management nearly half way to Carthage. Not the safest place to shoot in my opinion. There is also an indoor range down in Brookhaven I believe. The one in Byram is a private club. I might have to see about what it will take to become a member. I like indoor shooting because it doesn't matter what the weather is doing you can still shoot. You just need to wear ear plugs and a headset when you do it. I occasionally shoot .357 mags just to wake people up a little. Normally, I will warn them first since it does tend to be a little loud. Someone in the next lane will surely feel the blast. I have 4 calibers in the Sig P250, some Sig 9 mm pistols, a CZ and Witness in 9 mm, several .22 pistols and probably a few others as well. The others don't get shot that much any more.

I do reload 9 mm, .45, .38 special and .357 mag. So those calibers are not too expensive to shoot. When I shoot .40, .357 Sig, .32 acp it costs a lot more. .22 are a good cheap way to have fun. Probably why I have a few.

If Surplus City is still open the next weekend I will probably be there around 9:30 or 10:00. I'm normally there until about noon. If you can make it great. Ask the people at the counter if Dave (old guy) is there and they will point you the the bay I'm in. I always have more than enough ammo in my bag to allow some extra shooting to be done. I will supply the ammo.

Cheapshooter

Hello SIMP, and are you going to keep us in suspense?:confused:
I've been searching the threads gathering information for my next purchase.

Or are you going to let us in on what you are researching?:D

The two you have do make a good start at a fine battery of handguns. Personally I just can't warm up to the NEOS. To me it looks like water should shoot out of the muzzle when you pull the trigger.:D Must be flashbacks to the Flash Gordon squirt gun I had when I was a kid in the 50's. My son has one, and I will admit they are accurate, and reliable.
The Elsie Pea, what can be said? One of the best little pocket 380's made. the gun you can carry when you can't carry a gun!

SIMP

Dave, if they're open next weekend, you're on! I'd love to shoot some.

If I haven't shot my LCP by then, it'll be time anyway. Thanks again.

BTW, I can't get over how small this gun it. You could take it to church in your pocket and nobody would know.

SIMP

Cheapshooter, I'm very new to the semi-auto realm as all I've really owned was revolvers so I'm not really sure what I'm looking for. A Glock maybe....another Beretta...I'm still just deciding really.

I do want a 9mm or a 45 so I'm just feeling it out checking our opinions and reviews. I should have a good year end bonus and I plan on allocating some of it for another firearm. Looking to spend around the $400-$600 range. Open to all considerations. Thank you.

SIMP

By the way, the shop that sold me the LCP recommend a box of Remington Golden Saber bullets. Seeing as I had no clue what the difference is compared to another brand, I picked those up. He gave me a nice discount on the bullets.

Anyone here have any input on the Remington Gold Saber rounds?

pgdion

Hello SIMP. I love the NEOS, great little pistol (I shoot mine in a league and it does pretty well). You'll have to let us know how you like the LCP. I picked up a Bersa .380 a while back for a small gun. Love the way it shoots. I've been shooting the Winchester White Box in mine so far.

Cheapshooter

Anyone here have any input on the Remington Gold Saber rounds?
Golden Saber is a good round, at 102 grains it is a bit heavier than other self defense rounds for the LCP. Speer Gold Dot, Winchester PDX-1, and my choice for carry in my Elsie, Hornady Critical Defense are all also great choices, and have been 100 % reliable for me. Just stay away from anything marked +P as clearly instructed in your owners manual for the LCP. Despite the claims of some that " a few rounds won't hurt". If Ruger says no, why chance it?

If you are thinking of a full size 9MM for your next gun, and are happy with Beretta, the 92fs is a great choice. There are so many good choices in 9MM guns that it may take you some time to decide.

I like Hornady Critical Defense. They seem to feed in just about anything. Some test results I have seen tend to be good as well. In a pinch any bullet that feeds well will be better than one that doesn't feed well or worse yet none at all.

SIMP

Arrived at deer camp yesterday for youth weekend. My daughter and I visited the shooting range for a bit and I fired off one magazine. I know it wasn't much but at least I got to shoot it. Quite a little kick and the trigger pull was long which I guess is a "safety" feature. I need to spend more time with it obviously, but I didn't want to come down and do too much shooting this time of year.

Quick question...after firing off one mag for testing purposes, is there a need to break the gun down for cleaning or simply bore clean it? Thanks.

mdThanatos

I wouldn't bother cleaning it after one magazine or one box of ammo. I usually clean after a range session but that will include 300 rounds of ammo being shot most times.