HELLLLP! In need of a Texan M-IV owners manual.

mikenbarb

Hello, I have a Texan M-IV progressive shotshell reloader in 12 gauge that im in need of an owners manual for. If anyone has one they can make copies for me I would greatly appreciate it and I will be more than happy to pay you for it.
Im also looking to see whaere I can get bushings and parts for this monster and having no luck and wondering if anyone knows where to get them from. Thanks, Mike

Smokey Joe

Texan shotshell reloader...

Mikenbarb--You might be outa luck there, on either a manual or even more so on repair parts for a Texan. I looked into Texans some years ago, and discovered that the manufacturer had gone out of business.

Almost everyone I know who reloads shotshells uses a MEC reloader, one model or another, depending on the volume of their needs. There are also several other fine brands, whose makers are in business and can support their products.

Best I can say on the Texan is, good luck. Were I you, I would not stick a great deal of $$ into getting it running, as you will have the same search to do all over again the next time something on it breaks or wears out.

If you got yr Texan free, well, that is one thing. If you paid for it, then fixing it up might just be throwing good $$ after bad.

Sorry to rain on yr parade.

mikenbarb

I got a deal on it and its still like new but only has one set of dies for it. A Pacific powder die fits the shot side perfect but gotta research the other. Im most likely going to just turn some brass on the lathe and make a few that I need if I cant find them. Its way too nice of a press to just collect dust and im finding out that they are still a great automatic machine and lots are still in use today.Thanks.