held the new 3" LCR yesterday...

amazingly light... this one came with adjustable sights... I almost walked out the door with it... but the new owner ( sold just before I walked in, wouldn't have been very happy :) )

but I ordered a 2" hammer version in 38 +P instead... but it was the same price...

( the 3" one I saw, was already sold, just before I walked in, but the new owner was gracious enough to let me handle it, & even offered to let me have that one, if they could get another in, as he was just starting to fill out the paperwork, on a pile of guns... he was one of those guys that just buys most of what he has as investments )

anyone else seen or handled... your thoughts ???

it may have just been an optical illusion because of it being "bigger" with the longer barrel, but it almost seemed lighter than the concealed hammer snubbies they had sitting beside it

BTW... one of the snubbies next to it was one of the new 9mm versions... was also severely tempted by that one :eek:

Last edited:

9x19

It is lighter than the .357 and 9mm models, as they have a steel frame.

It is only slightly heavier than the shorter +P model.

Mine has performed really well... now I'm waiting for the .22 version.

RugerLCRX3_zps38c72443.jpg

weblance

I held one today. They are very light, and the balance feels really good. Im disappointed in the first chambering, as I cant really come up with a need for a 38 Special. 357, 9MM or 22 would get my attention. I guess its only a matter of time. Its a nice gun.

jstert

a strong "second" for a 3" lcr in 22lr and/or 22mag (ruger, please make it a 7 round cylinder). the choice of new double action 22 revolvers is abysmal. if there is one sure way to engage newbies in the shooting sports and allow more/better ccw options for the recoil challenged, it would be with a ruger 3" 22 (dont intend to start a caliber debate, im just sayin'...).

Remington 51

I looked at one last week and thought it odd that the rear sight appears to be hanging out in space. I would be concerned about that if carrying it around a lot in the field. But I suppose that could be overcome with the right holster that fully protected that rear sight.

I really like the "non-finger groove" grips on the 3".

I prefer some extra weight in .38 in a 3" or longer barrel, since it will most likely be holster carried and an extra half pound wouldn't be noticed all that much on the belt.

The only reason I would ever own an ultralight in .38/357/9mm caliber range would be for pocket carry where a shorter barrel and a concealed hammer would also be desired.

I would definitely buy one in .22 LR. I suppose its just a matter of time before Ruger responds with one.

HMC8404

I ordered a new LCRx (1 1/8" bbl, .38+P). Should be getting it in two days. I considered the hammer-less, but I like the idea of single action on the first shot if I have the time for it in a bad situation. I compared the LCRX to the .38 "J" frame S&W snubby. The S&W is cheaper, but I've read better reviews about the Ruger. There's a ton of inventory on the S&W. Not sure if it's that less people are buying them, or that they've flooded the market with 'em...or both.

Last edited:

RJay

In 22 magnum I think it would make a ideal trail gun or camp gun. Because it is so light it would take some practice to shoot correctly, but I like the concept, and surely they will get around in chambering it in .22 magnum :)

renny2

new ruger

Would like to see one in .32. But there does not seem to be many other people interested in that.

Pond James Pond

An LCRx with 6 x 9mm or >6 x 22Mag, for me either of those (assuming they were sold here) would be a solid argument for considering a trade of my snub.

Shadi Khalil

It might be the ugliest revolver I've ever seen. However it looks very handy, even more so in .357 Which would make a great hiking gun. Looks aside, if they bump up the caliber, it will be on my ever growing list.

What is the niche this is after?
I get the LCR for carry. But as a target revolver????
I think the added mass of steel would help tame those 357 loads esp for the next shots.

I would buy one right away in 32 H&R magnum.

Ok me too, just because I buy every thing that comes out in 32's