Heizer PAR1

Status
Not open for further replies.

simonrichter

Has anybody already seen this new piece?

Interesting caliber for a more or less pocket gun, yet I quite can't see the use... A .223 out of such a stubby barrel will produce a giant muzzle flash and a petite muzzle energy (out of a 3" barrel hardly 140 ft/lbs which is not even double a .22lr's performance, and the barrel seems to be even shorter...)

My thoughts exactly.

It may be small, but I sincerely doubt that it comes even remotely close to stopping power, let alone ULTIMATE!!! stopping power...

Maybe ultimate flash burn power!

And $449 retail for a single shot?

A Kel Tech P-32 holds 8 rounds and churns out what, 150+ ft. lbs of energy?

Yeah, I'm going to run right out to my local gun store...

to make fun of the asshats who are buying into this one...

Adrian

I think it's hilarious that Heizer is dedicating itself to making these ridiculous pocket cannons. We just had a thread about their little .410, and of course there used to be a relationship with Double Tap Defense, which does .45ACP in a similar package. They're not to my tastes, but more power to anyone who wants one.

What do you think they'll roll out next, the .308 version, or one to go toe-to-toe with the Bond Arms .45/70? Maybe one in .458 SOCOM?

Yeah, I'm going to run right out to my local gun store...
to make fun of the asshats who are buying into this one.
I can already hear people asking if it's "milspec."

Also Navy Seals/Delta are rumored to use it as a backup for their Desert Eagles.

Yeah.

Honestly, it can't have more pep than a .22 WMR out of that barrel. Coupled with the noise and recoil...I don't get the appeal. One of those NAA Mini Derringers is more practical.

BOBA FETT

they should make a 30 carbine version too..you would have to carry a fire extinguisher around with you to put fires out caused by the incredible muzzle blast..

Venom1956

From site:

Chambered: .223
Weight: 23 oz
Height: 3 7/8 inches
Width: .7 inches
Length: 6 3/8 inches
Finish: Black or Silver
MSRP: $499.00
Availability: July 2014
Velocity: To Be Announced...:rolleyes:
USA Aerospace Stainless Steel Frame and Barrel

sgms

Small Arms Defense Journal had a test report on length vs velocity for 5.56 m/m rifles and current GI round, long story short they found that under 10 inch means under 2,500 fps = inability to produce a lethal wound channel. So why would anybody want to own one?

Adrian

The ATF has ruled several times that M855 is not AP, so it would take a significant reversal (not just the introduction of another handgun) for a ban to take place. M885 simply doesn't meet the legal threshold. I believe the real AP stuff, M995 with the tungsten core, is already illegal, and if it isn't it's so rare (and presumably expensive) that it may as well be.

There are a lot of reasons that the PAR1 is a silly, half-baked idea, but its threat to future potential ammo availability isn't one of them.

sgms

Mr. DeShivs is right, there have been 5.56 m/m pistols around for years and some of them are really great guns. I currently have an old T.C. with 2 different 5.56 barrels one is 10 inches the other 14 inches both are great for hunting. This thing other than flash frying something with the fireball seems ,IMHO, a total waste of money.

Attachments

• phpAEfrh2PM.jpg
    phpAEfrh2PM.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 27
Status
Not open for further replies.