Heckler & Koch Usp Compact Ccw

Bullrock

I have been looking around for a CCW to replace my G26 for summer carry. I used genitron.com as one of my referrence points. (and all of the other website info I could dig up) Genitron allows an easy search and full description of most pistols and has a 'overall length' search. My winter CCW is a Browning Pro-9 (FNP to some)

I really like the HK USP Compact SS, Variant 1, but so far I have not been able to find a dealer with one that I can phisically bond with.

I was able to handle a used full sized HK UPS and like the effortless slide and crisp dry fire. I do know that this is going to be an expensive purchase, so short of being able to handle one, I need as much help as I can get from you good folks.

This HK appears to be a good choice for the following reasons. It is 6.81" in overall length, weighs 22.8 Oz's., with a 13 Rd. Mag. All help is appreciated and encouraged! Help! please?

Much Obliged

gudel

but so far I have not been able to find a dealer with one that I can phisically bond with.

heh... can't really help you in that department there. ;) the hk direct dealers can help you.

yeah the slide is effortless to pull huh, a lot easier than the glock.

mete

You also have the P2000, similar in size to the USP C and also the P2000SK.The P2000 s have interchangeble backstraps so you pick the one that fits you best. The P2000SK has only a 2 1/2" barrel but both that and the P2000 and as an option for the USP C have the very nice LEM trigger.All are of course available in 9mm or 40.

Nanuk

I am issued an H&K USP/C and carry it daily on/off duty, Along with his 'LITTLE BUDDY" A S/W 360PD and find it no trouble with a proper holster. I heard that we are switching to the P2000 some day. :D

Bullrock

Thanks for the info...mete, I hadn't considered the P2000 or the SK. Nanuk, changing from the USP C to the P2000 series sound like an upgrade to me. Probably for the new trigger system? I like a large handgun but have concerns about concealment. The P2000 is only 1/4" shorter overall, the barrel is .38 shorter and weighs almost 1/2Lb less than my Browning. I prefer DA/SA Decocking over DOA's and I think the P2000 may have the varient 1 available.

Sorry about no bonding there gudel! My dealer turned me down also!

Much Obliged

Bullrock

To be honest OBIWAN, I've lost some hand strength over the years and find it really tough to pull the G26 slide all the way back. When I do the slide release usually will not release on the first or second try. When it does release on the 3rd or 4th try, I don't expect it, and who needs the unexpected with a deadly weapon. I know there is an SL extension, but isn't there an extension for everything on the G26?

I was 'sold' the G26 and I bit. Not the first bad decision of my life. When I purchased my Browning Pro-9 and my PT-92, that was it for me as far as DOA's are concerned. The PT-92 is my range gun and the Browning is my cold weather CCW. I would like my summer carry, also to be fun to shoot, and easy to handle, not a little pain in the thumb and A** like the G26.

So it's a matter of choice. From what I have seen and read (especially here on FL) the P2000, P2000SK, or the USP CSS with a variant 1 is probably my next carry gun. That is, of course, unless someone on FL knows more than I do about the HK, and there is a 99% chance they do, which is why I ask.

Much Obliged

XavierBreath

I own a USPc in .40 and carried it concealed for a while. The gun is an absolutely superb weapon IMHO. The main problem I had was the butt of the gun printing. I could do it if I wanted to carry it under an untucked open shirt or a jacket. I weigh 240, 6'1". I carried it both IWB and OWB. I preferred OWB with a cover garment because the butt would hide a bit better. I still have the pistol, and plan on keeping it, but I have moved to other guns foe CCW. YRMV.

SNoB

Pulling the slide back on the usp c might be alot diffrient than the full sized one because the recoil system isnt the same. I personally have a usp 40c in stainless that I will plan on using for CCW as soon as my paperwork goes through for my liscense. Its a great gun, the slide release works great and dosent seem to take alot of thumb strength. Ive only put about 340 rounds of ammo through it but it has preformed perfectly, no FTF or FTE's at all.

When my agency went to 9mm, they also decided to make us buy our own guns. I ended up getting an HK USP Compact (don't think I'll need more than 13 rounds at a time) and never looked back or had any doubts. Try some message board 'for sale' sections. I found mine on HKBoards, and there usually a few HK USPC's to be found. I carry mine in an AkerLeather paddle holster with thumbreak. And the gun's slide is VERY easy and smooth to operate.

Attachments

• HKEtc 002.jpg
    HKEtc 002.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 120

gxi.llc

Love my HK

I was happy to see so many positive things written about the HK USP. Every time I go shoot mine, somebody has someting negative to say, but the people saying it have no experience with the weapon, so I just chalk it up to jealousy or something and ignore them. I love the way it shoots, and you will, too. With the recoil buffer, it is very smooth, and recovers well. I have never had a malfunction of any kind in over 2000 rounds, and its simplicity is a thing of beauty. It will be worth the effort to track down a dealer.

I'm being issued a USPC .40 next month, but it is DAO, which I have no experience with, so I'll have to learn. I'm also working on a full-size .45, well on my way to becoming an HK junkie.

Bullrock

Thanks gxi.llc

I didn't expect anymore posts on this thread so I was a little suprised when it came up again. One thing I learned, HK's aren't easy to obtain. My dealer tried contacting HK for for 2 weeks to get a USP C SS. I ended up with a hardly used one without the SS slide. I broke it down, cleaned, oiled, and it's ready to go, BUT!

My USP is burning a hole in my hand. The weather here has been impossible for the last several weeks and I haven't been able to try it out. This is causing me great pain. I almost went to the range yesterday. It was only 3 above zero with a 20 knot wind and gusting to 30, but the best day we've had in about 2 weeks.

Today it's 5 above and has been snowing since 7am. This is so painful, maybe I'll just go outside and put a couple through my Dish antenna. Only kidding!!!

Thanks for your kind words of support on the H&K. Short of being able to shoot it, this probably will not be my last one either. If you have any influence with 'The Man' would you put in a good word for just 1 clear day (even cloudy) at about 10 above soon.

Best regards,

WillBrayjr

H&Ks are not simple, they just seem that way because of they are put together. They are reliable and are built like a tank and very seldom do they break down. As for being jealous of a H&K owner, not happening guy. They are no more reliable than any other high quality pistol.

maximuss

I've heard this before about the P2000. What's the basis? Just wondering....
I would avoid the P2000. My duty gun is a USP and you can't go wrong getting one.

I am not sure how to use Quote on this double quote.
I just want to bring a point to you....
Maybe because P2000 does not have positive safety feature?

Maybe the same reason I decided to buy USP. (Variant 2 because I am left handed shooter)

Last edited:

Bullrock

I was happy to see so many positive things written about the HK USP. Every time I go shoot mine, somebody has someting negative to say, but the people saying it have no experience with the weapon, so I just chalk it up to jealousy or something and ignore them.

Hey Will, I don't think gxi.llc was referring to you. He said, "jealousy or something". You don't shoot with him, do you? I think he was referring to comments made where he shoots. He likes his USP and was referring to all of the positive comments about it in the thread.

I agree with you, "they are no more reliable than any other high quality pistol" so what? I think they are simple, better put, easy to use and probably fun to shoot for all I know. As of today, that is!

Doug242ti

H&Ks are not simple

how do you figure? My USP is about as simple as it gets. My Kimber is even more complicated to tear down than my USP. Hell, to be honest, my Ruger P95 is more complicated (its a whole extra step.... ohhhh nooooo!).

Oh well.

InToItTRX

I bought a P2000 and had the gun club I belong to who sold it to me give me my money back 3 days later. The trigger pull was awful, and I missed the target on almost every shot, now I may not be the best shot, but I am damn good, I need to be working as a LEO. Thinking something was wrong with the gun I fired another P2000 with the same results, I brought a LEO friend along with me and he also did terrible shooting it.