Heavy revolver exersices

1972RedNeck

Recently got a 7.5" Super Redhawk .454. Great shooting firearm and possibly my favorite yet. But it's a little on the heavy side (soaks up the recoil nicely), and I'm not as steady with it as I would like. With my other pistols I'm rock solid shooting free hand - with this one I have a little shake, which is probably to be expected.

Any recommendations for exercises to build strength to increase steadiness? My hands and wrists are plenty stout, I think I need work in the shoulder/elbow areas.

I do a bunch of normal pushups and diamond pushups on a regular basis - is there a different style of pushup to help with what I need?

stinkeypete

consider wrist and bicep curls, as well as holding free dumbells at arms length.

When I was younger, I kept 12 pound dumbells next to my computer chair so I worked out while goofing off at the computer.

GeauxTide

I've been using an NSD Powerball for many years to keep my hands strong for shooting heavy bullet loads in 44 Mag and 45 Colt (285 & 300gr @ 1050) and bass fishing rods. Works wrist to shoulders. One other benefit - I spent 31 years in IT and never had any wrist/hand issues.