Heavier EFMJ?

B. Lahey

The FMJ carry thread got me thinking of Federal's EFMJ round.

I heard they made at least one EFMJ load that used a normal-for-caliber weight projectile, I think it was a 200gr .45acp, but I have never seen it for sale.

Do they make an approx 124gr 9mm EFMJ load? Can they? It seems like all the EFMJ offerings are super light, probably because they need so much space in the tip for the rubbery stuff.

I always thought it was a neat idea, but there is no way I'm going to carry a 160gr .45acp load or super-light 9mm load. Too light. Too weird. Too questionable.

If there are normal-weight EFMJ loads on the market, please point me to them. If not, do you think they would sell?

AK103K

I have a couple of boxes of both 200 grain +P .45acp, and 9mm 124 grain +P EFMJ's.

Got both from Ammoman awhile back.

ETA...I just checked, he's still got both.

B. Lahey

Tried out both today.

The 200gr .45 load functioned perfectly in my WWI repro Colt. A nice surprise. Shot to the same point of impact as ball. Nice groups. I really like this load.

The 124gr 9mm load was wacky. The point of impact is about a foot and a half above where 127gr WinRanger +P+ prints (right at point of aim) with my Hi-Power. Weird. Functioned fine, but as my HP does not have adjustable sights, I'm still looking for a new carry load.

vostracker

Federal Premium

I'm carrying the 45cal 165grn in my Glock36. It really likes them and is fairly soft shooting. I've also got some in my Glock19, but cant remember what grain. Trying to find the box . Both are right on in my guns.

B. Lahey

I don't really see the point in EFMJ if your gun works with JHP and you don't live in Jersey.

All HPs can clog with clothing and act like FMJ. People tend to wear clothes. EFMJ squishes out no matter what.

Cerick

I live in Jersey so I have the 200gr +P for my xd 45 and 124gr +P for my g17 Function nice and expand just like they are supposed to. Got mine from ammunitiontogo.com