Heads up for P320 owners new slide lock lever available

WVsig

For those shooters like me who shoot with a high grip and sometimes activate the slide lock on the P320 causing it to not lock back on the last round of a mag Sig has introduced a new slide lock with a much smaller forward profile.

You can see it in this picture. It costs $30 shipped to you from Sig. It is reported to be shipping on some of the new P320s. I am not sure if it is the new standard but it is starting to show up.

I installed my today. Took about 15-20 minutes to get it installed onto the fire control unit. Test it and the much smaller profile works great for me. The only downside I see is that there is less lever to activate if you are a slide lock kind of guy or gal. I personally overhand more than I use the lock but if you are a diehard lock level shooter it might not be a good fit. More shooting will tell me more. I was only able to shoot 20 rounds outback today after installation.

New Smaller lever.
IMG_3730_zps8sv9qhqh.jpg

Older Larger lever.
IMG_3646_zpswscuauf6.jpg

pblanc

There is also a redesigned grip module to accommodate the newer slide release lever. The older slide release lever pointed backwards and the grip module had a small molded ridge that sat just below the external part of the lever (which is a little out of place with the new lever).

The redesigned grip module has a 3 sided molded ridge that encircles the front, back, and bottom of the smaller external slide stop lever, and I presume is intended to reduce the likelihood of accidental slide lock.

Uncle Malice

Yes and it is unfortunately another example of Sig using early adopters as Beta testers.

I don't agree with this. They released the gun with the same slide stop as the P250... it's a perfectly functioning lever.

If you think listening to customer feedback and making changes that are requested by the public is a bad thing.... I don't know what to tell you. lol :p

WVsig

I don't agree with this. They released the gun with the same slide stop as the P250... it's a perfectly functioning lever.

If you think listening to customer feedback and making changes that are requested by the public is a bad thing.... I don't know what to tell you. lol

Well maybe not enough people bought the crappy P250 to notice the defect on the design. Bruce Gray knew it sucked and mentions it in a demo of the P320. I agree it is good to listen to your buying public but at the same time they knew it was an issue before they released the P320 it the P250 frame/grip. :eek:

1-DAB

my problem is riding the mag release button with my thumb. if you drop the mag halfway thru, it stops going 'bang'.

Pgfins

They also have the slimmer takedown lever available as well. Replaced that and the new slide catch last night and that little spring was a bugger to re-connect. That alone took me 20 minutes. Otherwise it wasn't bad.

Worc

If you think listening to customer feedback and making changes that are requested by the public is a bad thing.... I don't know what to tell you. lol

I have to agree as I never had any issue shooting any 250 or the couple 320's I've shot now. I applaud a company willing to release options to improve comfort/functioning for users. I have not seen a gun of any type that pleased everyone all of the time.

TunnelRat

Well maybe not enough people bought the crappy P250 to notice the defect on the design. Bruce Gray knew it sucked and mentions it in a demo of the P320.

The old lever never bothered me on my P320s. But then again I'm not Bruce Gray, so what do I know. :D

In all seriousness, certain setups work better for different people. At least you can get the part if you want it. Now HK on the other hand...:(

Last edited:

Water-Man

I bought the original and have not had any issues with it.

What's good for one is not necessarily good for another.

JDBerg

Now HK on the other hand...

TunnelRat, let me finish your comment, if only HK could hire the Sig engineer who actually REDUCED the size of the slide release lever, that would be an improvement!

TunnelRat

Lol. I don't mind the slide release levers on the HKs to be honest, but the lack of support options is a downer. For instance the P series match trigger kits that have been vaporware for some time. Well, at least you can get the LEM 4.1 kits now that were in Europe for years.

Worc

I like the HK P-30 control layout as well as the Walther PPQ M1. At least with the P-30 you can put on the shorter slide stop levers for the safety equipped model if you don't have a safety model.

TunnelRat

At least with the P-30 you can put on the shorter slide stop levers for the safety equipped model if you don't have a safety model.

True. I actually get less interference with the longer levers, thanks to my stubby thumbs.