Headed for New Orleans

XavierBreath

Myself, another nurse and a surgeon are leaving for New Orleans tonight with DHH. We expect to be at Baton Rouge by morning.

FWIW, we will all three be going armed, and carrying openly, even though our mission is humanitarian. For anyone interested, my choice is my old 1911 and three extra magazines. A Mossberg 500 is going in the truck.

Will check back when I can.

Tamara

Moderator Emeritus
XavierBreath,

If it weren't for everyday heroes like yourself, the world would be a poorer place.

Best of luck,
Tam

stephen426

Xavier,

I suggest whatever gun you take down there, make sure it is stainless steel or at least highly resistant to corrosion. With the high humidity a heat (sweat) your gun will rust like crazy. If you are going to have the Mossberg in the truck, consider getting one of those vehicle locks like the police use. With the chaos going on down there, there is a good chance it will get stolen.

Its great to see people helping out in these situations. Take care, stay safe, and God Bless!

Timeframe

Kinda new here, but I will pray to the Father,and ask that He will watch over you and your party.
Please take care.

gddyup

Good luck brother. My department may be mobilizing a couple of two-man relief teams to be sent down there soon per FEMA and IAFF. I may just be down there on the front lines with you soon!