Having trouble with Rogers/SureFire

BBroadside

SureFire G2Z
S&W 642 Centennial Airweight (.38 Special, 2")
S&W 64 (.38 Special, 4")

This problem pertains especially to the 642. When I practice Rogers-style flashlight & handgun shooting, when I hold naturally, my trigger finger bumps into bumps into my left index finger, which is atop the flashlight. When I move the flashlight down relative to the weapon, my trigger finger bumps into my gun.

I am pretty sure this is going to throw my aim off. I have fairly long fingers - is it a case of too much hand, too little gun for Rogers to work? Should I try a different technique (e.g. Harries, which I haven't used yet because it's not recommended for Isosceles)?

I am going to take a CWP class as soon as I get together the time and $$$. Do they teach flashlight shooting a regular CWP class or is that less typical? I may need to save up for a second class.

I may just start practicing Weaver & Harries but I thought I get some sage advice before I give up. I did pick out my flashlight based on it being designed for Rogers!

JohnKSa

Administrator
There are a number of flashlight techniques and each one has some advantages and disadvantages. It's probably worthwhile to learn the most common ones and then see which works best for you.

Here's a link with the details of how to get into proper position using the Rogers technique.

http://pistol-training.com/excluded...essentials-p2/handgun-low-light-essentials-p3

The author does point out that it takes a good deal of practice to master the technique...