Have you seen this?

Given that you have to use an AR15 lower receiver, I wonder if it would count as hunting with a firearm according to game laws.

I am waiting for the AR15 drills, grinders, and sawzall attachments, but that is just me.

Since the lower technically considered the "firearm" by law, then it would be a firearm. It just doesn't have the right additional parts to fire cartridges, but neither did the lower I purchased at the gun show.

JAYBIRD78

I had seen the ad for it in my new Shooting Times magazine and I hit the wall.

If you have money burning a hole and you have to have something no one else on your block has.

Seriously, why not just buy a "regular" crossbow? :confused:

Isn't there a saying, "A fool and his money are soon parted." :)

What ever floats your boat I guess.

Last edited:

Creature

Isnt the legal definition of a firearm as a weapon, especially a pistol or rifle, capable of firing a projectile and using an explosive charge as a propellant?

And I dont really want to buy one.

fisherman66

Gawd, the mall ninjas are going to be forming an "investment" group fer that one. TFF:D

Next, an AR that throws knifes and stars fer that stealthy effect...no can needed.

PTEvilBlackCrossBowBarnum

snipecatcher

For hunting in Texas, a crossbow is regarded the same as a firearm as far as hunting season goes. The only exception to this is for disabled folks, who can use one during bow season. All of the crossbows I have shot have been about as loud as a .22, so I can't really see an advantage to one over a traditional bow.

Creature

For hunting in Texas, a crossbow is regarded the same as a firearm as far as hunting season goes. The only exception to this is for disabled folks, who can use one during bow season. All of the crossbows I have shot have been about as loud as a .22, so I can't really see an advantage to one over a traditional bow.

So crossbows are not considered "bows" but are considered firearms?

Isnt the legal definition of a firearm as a weapon, especially a pistol or rifle, capable of firing a projectile and using an explosive charge as a propellant?

Partially. Law involving firearms governs any weapon which will or is designed to or may readily be converted to expel a projectile by the action of an explosive or the frame or receiver of any such weapon, hence why I had to fill out a yellow form when buying my AR15 lower even though it was incapable of firing any sort of projectle without the upper. The same goes for just buying frames or stripped lowers.

So crossbows are not considered "bows" but are considered firearms?
They are not considered firearms per se, but currently are not allowed to be used during regular bow season or muzzle loader season, only during the general season. House Bill 968 has been proposed to change this and would take effect 9/1/2009 (if passed).

Last edited:

Tucker 1371

There's ARs that cost less than that, why go back 600 years in technology and spend more money? If it were cheaper I could see the draw.