Have you ever shot with one handgun on each hand?

kalibear45

I have yet to try it, but I've been practicing shooting with my weak (left) hand (I'm ambidextrous but primarily right handed). One reason I want dual Glock 34's is to satisfy my primal urge to replicate what I've seen in movies and video games. Call me stupid, but I think it would be cool if I happen to hit my target through the thick cloud of smoke...

2gunsfiring_v1.gif

DanP

Did it once while comparing a buddy's new XD to my Sig...

Can't say I was really thinking when I decided to do it, although no rules were broken.

Don't see any real point to it, as you mention it was just an itch to scratch.

Hemicuda

I tried it... just for the "gotta do it once" factor...

even being almost ambi, all I did was waste 2 full mags of ammo... I didn't hit ANYTHING well... (a couple on the shilouette target, I asure you by luck... and no "clean kill shots...)

fun to try, but I wouldn't go buy a "matching" pistol JUST to try it... (though duplicate guns for OTHER reasons are a very good idea!)

fun by the ton, for a couple of mags... but after that, no practical reason to even try it again...

Ala Dan

Member in memoriam
It's O.K. to learn to shoot with both hands; but only use one at the time. Most shooter's have a hard enough time
mastering the handgun with their strong hand; so leave all
the "cowboy tactic's" up to the actors in the movies.:cool: :D :)

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

Dr.Rob

Staff Alumnus
Look up George Hill's Chow-Yun-Fat threads.

Humerous reading.

I tried it with two FEG Hi-powers, made a lot of noise, not much else.

kpw

I did it with a couple of SAA copies and a double western rig. Wasn't nearly as easy as it looked on 'Silverado'. ;)

mattjoe

of course! this urge must be satisfied.
did it with dual 44 mag desert eagles a bunch of times. Sure, only hit about 20% of what was being aimed at, steel sillohuettes at about 15 yards, but it was LOUD, flashy and fun.
pretty cool when you get them going off at the exact same moment.
I think i need to do this again now that i've got a digi camera.

HKguy9

The real question is, were you shooting with one in each hand in Yo Yo Yo Style? A true test of skill....

the blind lefty

but hey,if you work on it long enough.......well,the cops may tap you on the shoulder shaking their heads.lol!-
there may be a real pro at this with a BB gun,somewhere.

Ceol Mhor

I've tried it several times, and I'm determined to eventually get good at it. I mainly use my matching 1860 Army replicas...I plan on shooting "Gunfighter" category (two guns at the same time) in my next Cowboy match. :cool:

Like Ala Dan said, one important part is to shoot one, then the other (not both simultaneously).

UltimaThule

One handgun in each hand, one shotgun in each hand...
What is it you say in your country about questions like that... something about "the Fifth"?

22x9

Yep.. I did it, just to day that I did it. Used my two Phoenix Arms HP-22s. Lots of popping and wasted .22LR's but no reall accuracy.

blades67

I did just a few days ago. Took my new Kimber Custom II for the first time along with my SIG Sauer P220. Even managed 21 of 28 rounds in the black on a man-size target at five meters. I'll keep praciticing.

C.R.Sam

He he he.
I am neither eyed.
Two guns pretty easy to hit with if I lock thumbs together. Haven't tried it with matching guns tho.

Sam

Malpaso

Yes, I've shot "gunfighter" in Cowboy Action Shooting. I prefer what is known as "double duelist" better however. That is only one gun out at a time, but you shoot your right gun with your right hand, and your left gun with your left hand. I feel this is more beneficial to a real life need to shoot weak hand in an emergency. While gunfighter is great for a fantasy game like CAS, IMHO, the lag time between shots from opposite hands is detrimental to a combat situation. Learning to shoot weak hand is invaluable though.

k5blazer

Yes, I too have sinned. Like a lot of others just had to try it. Lots of noise and didn't hit a thing. IMO, just a tad too near the edge for me.