Haunted

Dashunde

For awhile now I've been narrowing down the field of suitable 9mm range guns and have finally landed on the 91150 Single Action CZ-75. Great accuracy, durable, good ergo's, just an all-around winner with a nice trigger, plus it can be tinkered with and customized a bit.
So why then, is the unexplained and undefined lure of a G19 haunting me?
I keep wondering... with a bit of work, can it shoot as well as the CZ?
The 75 and the G19 are almost opposites sharing nearly none of the same features and attributes... I might have to buy both.
Maybe because the G19 is so popular but I dont see exactly why - makes me curious enough to want one?

snail

The dark side is a powerful force, come on over because we have cookies and punch :) On a more serious note, the CZ-75 is an awesome weapon. They shoot very well, feel great in the hand, and have a nice classic look to them. For the range it is an excellant choice. I am a die hard Glock fan, I have dealt with the company, and their products for years. The only gun I trust with my life is a Glock. I doubt you could get a G19 to mimic the accuracy of a CZ-75 with the same mods. If you put a match barrel in each of them, I still think the CZ would be more accurate. The trigger in a CZ can be made very light and crisp, whereas the Glock trigger is not as adjustable. As I said the CZ is the choice for accuracy shooting, but you should buy a G19 too :p

FALshootist

The G19 is so popular for a reason. Its an all around great gun. We all know its reliable and even with its 15 round mag its smaller and easier to conceal than most other 9mms with the same capacity. Plus I like its consistant trigger pull. No, its not a 1911 trigger pull but I like it better than the DA/SA semiautos I've owned.

As far as accuracy goes, I've never been dissapointed with mine and I'm sure a better shooter could shoot it better.

I've got better looking guns and at least one that I shoot more accurately but the Glock is what always comes with me when I leave the house because it does everything a handgun should and it does it well.

dgludwig

Since you are after a "suitable 9mm range gun", I assume you are prioritizing target shooting and, for that purpose, the CZ seems the obvious choice to me. The sa trigger, sights and flexibility in terms of "tinkering" and "customizing" make it a far more adaptable "range" pistol.

armoredman

Buy what fits you best, but I have had 3 Glocks fail in my hands, not one of the 11 CZs I own/have owned have done that. :) But since you specified a range gun, the CZ75 SA is a great choice. Which will shoot better is pretty much up to you, but I would believe the CZ75 SA will be likely be a bit more accurate.
My $.02, worth what you paid for it.

g.willikers

At one time, I used both of these regularly at USPSA and NRA AP matches.
And it was mighty difficult switching back and forth.
They are very different pistols.
The differences in grip angles, trigger actions, weight balance, and recoil got mighty confusing.
Either one is an excellent choice, but due to the differences, if you are planning to get even half way serious about using it, get only one.
On the other hand, if they are going to be casual range plinkers, it might not matter.
There are lots of other combinations of guns that work well together, but these two types didn't very well - at least for me.

l98ster

Just last week, I was able to fire the CZ75 SA and the G19 back to back at my range. One of my range friends had brought both. I put about 20 rounds through each.

If I had to choose, there would be absolutely no contest. CZ wins hands down.

I say this because of the criteria you had listed. Its going to be a range gun, and I assume "ultimate accuracy" will be the goal. The CZ trigger is great in SA. The ergonomics of the CZ were superior (at least in my hands). It just had a better overall feel in every way I looked at it.

Although I am not a glock fan, it is a really good gun. IMHO, it is not going to do what you want it to do at a range. Now, if you were looking for something for carry, or home defense, I would choose the glock.

Reliability is a non issue. Both guns will go bang everytime you pull the trigger. The reason I recommend the CZ is because the SA 75 is suited for the range. Good luck!!!!

-George

Dashunde

Thanks for the replies.
I do think I'll get both, CZ first.
I'll get the G19 for its simple, high-cap, light(er) weight, "worker" persona...

Mosin44az

Glocks are always available, CZ single actions seem relatively rare. Good initial choice. I have owned both, still have my Glock 19 but wish I had not sold the CZ 75B.