Has this ever happened to you?

thumbtack

In Jan. I purchased a M1A, and I fell in love with that rifle. When I go to the gunstores I don't get excited looking at the new rifles, I have very little interrest in them anymore. I loved bolt actions, now I have no desire for them. I loved shooting any rifle I could get my hands on. Now I don't care that much, as long as I have my M1A.

Has anyone else had this happen where you like one gun so much that all other of that type seem dull? :eek:

Thumper

Yeah, John...

I guess that means that you have no other choice but to sell me that heavy barrel 10/22 for cheap.

TheBluesMan

Moderator Emeritus
thumbtack said:
Has anyone else had this happen where you like one gun so much that all other of that type seem dull?
I felt that way about my first wife when we had just got hitched...

Still married to her too! :D

Knives

Kind of. It's not so much one gun as a particular style. I like 1911's so much that I have pretty much no interest in any other semi auto hand gun. The only other one I own is a Mark II.

I still like revolvers though. :D

Hard Ball

I love my M1A with its 2X-7X scope/ An outstanding all round rifle. I used to have two. The other was a Scout Model. Then my wife tried it. She now calls it "My M1A."
Oh well, it's still in the family. :D

ScottsGT

I had the same feeling when I got my M1a. It lasted about a year, then the Garand bug bit. That lasted a year, then I had to have a 1903A3 and another AR-15 to replace the other two I sold in the past.
But the Garand is the one I ALWAYS pick up to take to the farm to go shooting. Cannot remember the last time I took the M1A. I guess I owe her a trip out. OH, wait, just remembered. I took the M1a on morning hunt last year on the last day of the season. Oh well, she still goes out on a date next time I go shootin'.

SKS rifles are my favorite , affordable, cheap to shoot , reliability, historical, several varients available from China, Russia, Romania, Yugoslavia, etc. :rolleyes: