Has anyone tried the new Winchester SX3 ?

PetreTG

A buddy of mine told me , before I buy a Berreta or Benelli semi-auto that I should check out one of these.

A little research shows it beat the Benelli users record for fire speed ... 12 clays in 1.442 seconds !!! :eek:

I'm wondering how reliable they are , as well as easy to clean and durability.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2QPvuEk5dg

Last edited:

ebutler462

They are very reliable. I don't have one but my son does. As for cleaning, he does a once a year cleaning whether his guns need it or not. He hasn't torn his down yet but reports no reliability issues.

PetreTG

Thanks for the reply!

I'm surprised their aren't more opinions on the SX3's considering it's the gun that beat the best in exhibition shooting!

I found an SX3 with nicely figured wood stock's and excellent buttstock pad for what I think is a great price.

I noticed on the barrel it says they're being made by FN !

johnbt

I have a 2003 SX-2 Waterfowl I bought used and it's a great gun. The SX-3's are almost identical to the 2's, just a bit lighter.

John

BigJimP

I put a few shells thru one a few months back - one of the guys at the range had one. I have a lot of shotguns, so I don't need anything and I wasn't impressed enough to order one .....but I didn't see anything in particular wrong with it ....except its a gas gun. The one this guy had was a composite stock and I think he said he paid about $1,000 for it.

It is fast - but I don't know that its any faster than the Benelli super sport / or if it is / I couldn't tell it - we were shooting skeet. For a semi-auto in 12 or 20ga I'll stick with my Benelli super sports. Mostly, I think the Benelli is a much cleaner shooting gun - handles my needs for going to Mexico or as a travel gun in general.