Has anyone heard of this website?

Powderman

I'm talking about a site called, "Guns 4 Pennies" dot-com.

Someone once told me that if something sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

If this site is legit--well---wow! But something just doesn't seem right.

Any advice would be helpful.

mj246

Well I've never heard of it before, and it's really hard to tell if it is legitimate or not. One thing i did notice though was that after you register, you must buy bids from the site before being able to bid on any items. The prices for "bid plans" aren't listed anywhere I can find them, and might only be visible once you register. So even if it isn't a complete scam, while many of the auctions are going for an absurdly small amount of money, you may be paying a huge premium to actually bid on any item. Also, every bid is for only one cent and resets their little timers. This means you can spend tens or even hundreds of bids on a single item.

I agree with your first assessment. If something looks too good to be true, it probably is, and i sure wouldn't want to find out the hard way.

emccarthy

That sounds like thath quibids site...over there you oay 60 cents or so per bid, so if you spend a hundred bids you are out $60 bucks plus the final cost plus shipping....not bad if you don't have to bid much

Sent from my SPH-M910 using Tapatalk