Has anyone converted a G27 to .357 Sig?

Alex Johnson

Hi everybody, I'm wondering if the G27 could be converted over to .357 Sig, I know the other .40's can, but I didn't know if the frame was strong enough to handle the pressures. Just curious. Thanks.

jdrobins

Have a G33

I have a G33 and was going to get the 40 bbl, I called Golck and they said the frame is the same, no problem, But they said the rest of the baby glock's needed to be checked out before trying a conv.
(this is heresey by the cust service rep and Glock, Not to be construed as ProfessionalAdvise YMMV)

Okay now the legal stuff out of the way, You'll love the .357 in the baby glock:D

blades67

You can do it, but some G27s develope reliability issues. The ejectors are different for the G33. If your gun starts to misbehave, just buy a G33 trigger group and the problem should disappear.

P

PreserveFreedom

I haven't done it yet, but I have been meaning to. Does that count? While we are on the topic, who has the best deal going on a G27 357 Sig drop in barrel?

OJ

I did it and ran several hundred rounds of 357 Sig through the hybrid -- in fact, didn't notice any difference in how the hybrid shot re: feeding reliability, accuracy, recoil, etc.

I really didn't think there was any advantage in the change so I went back to .40 S&W -- advantageous since I have a Glock 23 also. I really didn't need another caliber ammo in my storage bin.

:D

Alex Johnson

I don't know what the advantages would be either coming out of a short barrel, still thought it might be kind of fun if I didn't have to pay too much. Thanks for the info.

David Berkowitz

All you have to do is change the barrel. I used a Federal barrel and had no mechanical problem. Accuracy was acceptable, not great. I wish I had used a Jarvis barrel.
You get less percieved recoil when compared to 180 gr .40 S&W, about the same with 155. You do get LOTS more flame and noise. What you also get is a lot more expense for the ammo. My advise is to get the 357 Sig barrel because you can say you did. Then, put it away and shoot 155 gr 40s.