Has anyone bought from Larry's Pistol & Pawn

UtahHunting

Anyone bought from these guys? Were they reliable and decent in their shipping time? They have a rifle I want to purchase but have never heard of them.

photogadam

Yeah, that is my local place. I haven't needed to ship anything from them, but I've heard good things. Every now and then they have some good deals that show up on slickdeals and everyone there seems to like them as well.

Wleoff

I've bought 30 or 40 guns from them over the years. Great people to work with. I bought a Marlin 39A from them last week.

Win73

I was just in there today. Didn't buy anything. Often go in there just to browse and see what they've got. Have picked up some very good deals there. My son was shot at a gun show several years ago. Haven't been to a gun show since. Larry's has been my gun show since then. Of the 20 guns I own, 17 of them have been purchased at Larry's. I have used their lay-a-way several times.

Larry's is THE gun shop in this region.

bamaranger

today

Lots of used guns, including a bunch of long guns on racks out on the floor for customers to handle. The best kind of shop. So many pistols in cases, you can't hardly see them all.

I've not bought any guns from them, but some ammo and accessories. Just a little far for regular visits from my home.
I did buy a box of Norma 7.62 x54r today at a great price. Looked like it'd been there 20 years.

+1 on the gunshop in the area.

Wleoff

30-40. I went back and looked at my logs and I've bought 36 guns from Larry's over the last 17 years. I didn't keep the log before then. I actually thought that it would be more than that. Now if I still had all of them.

Boarhunter

In my personal opinion, you can not find any gun shop any better any where than Larry's Pistol & Pawn...this coming from a frequent and loyal customer going back 35 years. In fact, I bought my first handgun from Larry's. And virtually every one since that time! I simply won't buy anywhere else. I try to get by the store at least once a week to shoot in the in-door range and lust over the next purchase!

The company has such a good business and reputation that it has received national acclaim. During the 2009 SHOT Show, Larry's was named SHOT Magazine's retailer of the year and was separately named Federal's ammo retailer of the year. At the recent 2010 SHOT Show, Larry's was named Ruger's retail dealer of the year (the first ever awarded by that company). Those are some serious achievements.

I have not ordered anything over their website, being fortunate to live and work here in Huntsville, but I would not hesitate to do so if that were my option.

Boarhunter

pinkerpv

I second all that has been said before. One addition. Larry's was named retailer of the year at last years S.H.O.T. show. Thanks Obama.

Boarhunter

UtahHunting,

Seeing that you listed an occupation in law enforcement, here is one more bit of information on Larry Barnett that you might find interesting. He is one of three non-paid members sitting on the Board of Directors of the Huntsville Police Citizens Foundation, a nonprofit organization established to raise funds for and construct a Memorial in honor of Huntsville police officers who have given their lives in the line of duty. The District Attorney, Rob Broussard, and I have the honor of serving as the other two Directors.

Larry Barnett is good people, and he is well-regarded by law enforcement in this area.

Boarhunter

smince

I'll second what BoarHunter says about Larry.

And I'll add that BoarHunter is a pretty good man, too. ;)

ojibweindian

Larry's is close to the best place in Huntsville. My ONLY complaint is that the shop doesn't sell any reloading supplies. Think they did, in the past, however.

Great indoor range, too.

Maromero

Seeing that you listed an occupation in law enforcement, here is one more bit of information on Larry Barnett that you might find interesting. He is one of three non-paid members sitting on the Board of Directors of the Huntsville Police Citizens Foundation, a nonprofit organization established to raise funds for and construct a Memorial in honor of Huntsville police officers who have given their lives in the line of duty. The District Attorney, Rob Broussard, and I have the honor of serving as the other two Directors.

Larry Barnett is good people, and he is well-regarded by law enforcement in this area.

Boarhunter

Little big planet.