Has any tried these?

plumbercrack

It might be possible that they are discontinued. It's number tell me it is part of the Elite Tactical line. I checked my supplier and Bushnell's website and it is not there. This leads me to believe it is a discontinued model.

ADIDAS69

I did a little more recon and found that they are made by Horus Vision. I think Bushnell has just contracted to put their name on it. The question still stands though. They look like fun and the rest of Horus' line looks impressive I mostly want to look through one before i buy. As with any optic more range in magnification means more glass, means ****tier image.

http://www.horusvision.com/index.php

plumbercrack

If you get a Leupold in that range you will have outstanding clarity. I have always said Leupold makes polluted air look clean.

ADIDAS69

Te Anau: Exactly; it is first focal plane and the magnification range is tremendous if i can see a squirrel at 2600 meters and accurately range it as such i would think $1400 is a steal vs US OPTICS $4000 but no one has them that i can take a gander through one.

brmfan

You plan on hitting squirrels at 2600 meters? Please be sure to video the event! Seriously, even with 21X you will be hard pressed to range anything smaller than a cinder block past 1K yards. I use a 24X for F Class matches and I can see the 5" center ring @ 1K but beyond that not so much. You might want to adjust your expectations down a bit before your slap down a chunk of change on a scope that most likely won't live up to those you have now. 21X just won't cut it at the range you mentioned, IMHO.

Te Anau

Last edited:

insomni

1. You can grab a sweet Nikon or Leupold scope for that price. Go with Leupold if you want American. Incredible scopes in the $1400 range.

I will never again buy anything associated with Bushnell. I had a nice pair of their no focus 10x binoculars (nice, compact, light weight, mossy oak pattern). Cost around a hundred bucks at Gander Mountain. I used them through a tour in Iraq, they worked great, but eventually the objective lens popped loose. No biggie, right? Just send them back to Bushnell, explain what happened, and they'll fix em, right?

Sure! Except they emailed me and told me that the design of the binos was one they couldn't fix (huh?), but they'd send me a replacement pair. Sweet! A month later (pretty quick for mailing to Iraq) I got a box from Bushnell in the mail, and eagerly opened them up since I'd been lugging heavy army binos around with me. There was a pair of binoculars in the box, but they weren't my sleek lightweight, pre-cammoed no-focus 10x hunting binos. They were a cheap $45 pair of one of their "associated brand" 6x crap black plastic Boy Scouts-esque birdwatching binos. I e-mailed Bushnell saying there had to be a mixup, and the customer service people emailed me back saying that sometimes they had to choose a replacement item.... so replacement means they send me a bottom rung piece of crap that I went out of my way to not buy in the first place. Excellent customer service Bushnell!

Epic fail. Go with a company that makes quality and stands by it.