Harrt's Recoil reducer

unbeknownst

Harrt's Reciol reducer

Where can i find.. preferably online, or phone order... a place that stocks a reducer for the Kahr P40?? I was gonna order one directly from Harrt's, but they say 4-6 weeks. Thanks in advance for any info.

Kentucky Rifle

Unbeknownst

Hi.
Did Haart's tell you the wait would be 6 weeks because they haven't made this thing for the .40 yet? Or is it that everyone who get's the .40 caliber Kahr feeling like it's a "must buy" and Haart's is just out of stock?

Thanks,
KR

Onslaught

Unbeknownst:

Did you get one yet? If so, how'd it do on that lightweight little Kahr?

Thanks! and Welcome to TFL!

blades67

If you need a recoil reducer to handle your chosen caliber, maybe you need more practice. These gimicks will allow most Glocks, Kahrs and other striker fired pistols to fire out of battery.

Onslaught

Yikes! :eek: Thanks Blades, I hadn't heard that.

I sometimes borrow my wife's MK9 when I just REALLY REALLY need a tiny pistol. When I do that, I leave her my P9. She doesn't like the extra recoil the 16oz polymer pistol has compared to her 24oz steel one. I was trying to make life easier on her. Personally, I can't tell a difference between the two, and neither one has much recoil to start with. Guess that's one of the many differences 110 pounds will make.

awisler

I would respectfully disagree with Blades...

The Harrt's rod, unlike recoil spring devices and other mechanical doodads, should not affect the reliability or safety of any pistol, and would not allow it to fire out of battery. The Harrt's rod simply consists of a steel guide rod, identical in dimension to the standard Kahr rod, which is filled with mercury and ball-bearings. It provides inertial dampening of the muzzle flip (albeit minimally) but does not affect the cycling of the slide or any of the timing thereof. It does not "reduce recoil" in the sense that the felt recoil isn't greatly affected, it just keeps the muzzle down a bit.

I have a Harrt's rod in my K40, and have yet to have a malfunction with this pistol. I will say that the effect of the Harrt's rod is minimal, but slightly noticeable to me; it does not replace practice and I would and do practice diligently with mine as it is my primary carry piece, but the small effect it has on muzzle flip allows for slightly faster follow-up shots. If you're hesitating about spending the $75 or so on one, then just hold off and buy more ammo to practice with -- that would probably serve you just as well. Best wishes.

Andrew

dwestfall

The difference is more noticeable with hotter loads in larger calibers.

They're really just FLGRs with special insides so I can't see how they would cause a malfunction. In fact they probably help reliability over plastic guide rods (not that anybody breaks those very often anyway.)

I played with one on a G23 for awhile, then sold it.

Just today I thought I'd try one in my Kimber. Ordered from Brownells.

I'll use the Kimber FLGR in another gun, so that makes it cheaper... right? ;)