Harris bi-pod suggestions please.

bullseye

I am looking at these for my Rem .223 LTR. I have decided on a swivel model but wanted some input on the following;

1. Should I get a BR model with 6"-9" extension or the L model with the 9"-13" extension? Probably will do most shooting from the bench, but may be some occasions to shoot prone. The LTR has a short (20") barrel and I 'thought' the smaller bi-pod might look better.

2. Should I get the 'M' model where the legs deploy with spring action, or the regular model where the legs retract with spring action?

Thanks for the input, guys.

Ruben Nasser

For general bench and field use I prefer the spring-for-closing, 9"-13" model, with swivelling mount. The BR looks sharp on short rifles, though.

The Plainsman

FWIW - I tried the BR on my Savage .223 and decided that the ONLY thing it was good for, was bench shooting. I took it back and got the LMS (I think that's what it is), the 9"-13" on the swivel mount and the spring-loaded legs. It works great and it will handle prone shooting as well as bench. Who cares what it looks like if it does what you need done. Actually, once the BR is out of the picture, the LMS looks small anyway. It's cool. :)

700PSS Shooter

I use the L model with the 9"-13" extension and the swivel base for my 700PSS and the same size non-swivel for my 700LTR. (the non-swivel was the first I bought and soon bought the swivel :) Had to use it somewhere! :D)

The short BR models may look 'cool' but the 9"-13" is more versatile. I do not use the M model. I just prefer the other. If you get the non-swivel model, the finer adjustments can make up for bench top variations.

TABING

I'd go with the short model if you're using it primarily from a bench. I found the long model to be on the flimsy side when fully extended.
Where I live in Arizona, there is so much low brush that I rarely could deploy it in the field (either long or short) because the brush block the view.