Harley, a little help, please.... 32-20 WCF

The Plainsman

This is a Colt, Army Special, 32-20 WCF, serial # 588XXX.

Can you give me a little help in determining age, approximate value, and any other interesting information you might have.

Thanks. ;)

Attachments

• Tony 32-20 A.jpg
    Tony 32-20 A.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 78
  • Tony 32-20 B.jpg
    Tony 32-20 B.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 62

Harley Nolden

Staff In Memoriam
Plainsman:
I have sent, separate email, the information I have. I don't have the Colt serial #'s. Your gun appears to be the Colt New Navy, (1892 indicated by caliber) second issue. In Like New Condition $1,195.00, 3"bbl (First Issue)$1,950.00 and if it has U.S.N marked on it $1,995.00. I noticed also that the gun appears to have been refinished. This will deter the goin price on the gun.

HJN

Jim Watson

That is a very late Army Special, Blue Book says SN 540,000 in 1927 when they changed the name to Official Police. Probably used a barrel on hand as the Depression got going. I don't know dollar value, Blue Book max $500 for as new but if there is any wear it will be less, if that is a reblue it will be MUCH less. Like half.

It isn't an 1892 Navy.

The Plainsman

Let me restate one item.

When I said "This is a Colt, Army Special, 32-20 WCF", what I should have said is that's what is stamped on the barrel. :eek: I don't know if that will make any difference in your respective data, but I thought I ought to make it clear.

Thanks, gents. ;) I appreciate your responses.