Hardwood grips, what I like best

skeeter1

Hi, folks

I got my walnut grips for my Beretta 92F today. Now all of my little hand cannons are sporting fine wood grips. The plastic grips on the 92 were perfectly functional, but I just like wood better. I though I'd share a photo.

Regards,
skeeter

Attachments

• DSCN0523.JPG
    DSCN0523.JPG
    209.3 KB · Views: 127

davlandrum

Skeeter, looks good!

For those of us that can't immeadiatly identify every firearm ever manufactured, could you list them?

skeeter1

"For those of us that can't immeadiatly identify every firearm ever manufactured, could you list them?"

Sure. From top to bottom. Beretta 92F, also known to the US military as the M9. Got it as a gift from my cousin, so I don't know exactly how old it is. Probably around 20 years.

Next down, an older S&W M60, 1980 prelock version in .38Spl. That's my HD and carry gun.

Beretta M87 Cheetah (.22), just because it's fun.

S&W M35 (.22) that I bought in 1972 (last year it was made) for $119. If you can find one (good luck), they tend to be running ~$1K. That's still my favorite, and the first one I reach for when training new shooters. It's a tack driver and not intimidating.

Last up is a High Standard DM-101 (1960, .22Mag) that I inherited from my late father. Isn't good for much beyond about 5yds, but the fireball out of those little barrels has to be seen to be believed.

I doubt very much that I'll be buying any more handguns. I think I've got all of the bases covered.

I've bought and sold several other over the years, but these are all keepers.