Hardware Company Guns

pipoman

I am a noob to this forum. I collect hardware company items, including guns. Simmons Hardware Co, Shapleigh Hardware Co., Belknap, Enders etc. Are there any others here with similar interests?

JR47

I have a number of Revelation brand weapons in my collection, as well as a couple of Belknap. Not so much because they were hardware store items, but more because of my early association with like-branded rifles.:)

pipoman

Enders

William Enders was an interesting character. He started in the hardware business with Simmons Hardware Co. Simmons is best known for their trade mark "Keen Kutter". Enders quickly moved up within Simmons reaching position of VP. He was talented at developing new products and improving on old ones. He started a product line trade name "Oak Leaf". This product line began as "Simmons Oak Leaf". Later Enders began marketing the brand as Enders Oak Leaf. Enders left Simmons and began manufacturing items under the Enders brand name, razors, knives, tools, etc. This brand is still in production, mainly punches and chisels. The guns marked enders were produced during his asssociation with Simmons Hardware. He was the only person I am aware of who had his own brands while still associated with Simmons. Two weeks ago in suburban Kansas City an Enders 12 ga side by side in good cond. sold for $300 at auction. A single shot 20 ga sold for $200.

Ranger325

Very interesting thread. I too have a Royal Enders and thanks to Google found out it was a Hardware Gun. It was my great grandfathers and is very similiar to the pics of carguyjohn's, except mine does not have the external hammers. thanks for the info......................:D

Regards,