Happy Independence Day

EdInk

Hope everyone has a good weekend. Be sure to stay safe. I'm sure many people will be having parties. Just a reminder that guns and booze can be a dangerous combination. So, if you're wanting to show-off your BBQ gun (post pics!) that's great but do not consume too much (or better yet, any) alcohol.

Have fun and celebrate as you seem fit.
-EdInk

P.S. Don't be moron and shoot your guns up in the air to celebrate.

10mm man

OMG.......yes

The words "MOLON LABE" (ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ) in Greek as they are inscribed on the marble of the modern era monument at Thermopylae.

with a tattoo, you don't want it to be wrong. lol
I have seen many spellings, but I saw this one in what looked like marble and it caught my eye.

CMichael

Thanks to the military people for protecting this great country

since this is July 4th, I just want to say thank you to all the military people, past and present, for protecting this country.

Thank you for using firearms to do so ;) (making it firearms related)

As an Army retiree, you're welcome! It was an honor to serve, and to protect the country for me and my family, as well as for you and yours.:cool:

Buzzcook

With all due respect, the Fourth of July is not about the military.

The 4th is about the visionaries from Otis on down that saw the possibility that the people could rule themselves.
It is about the farmers, craftsmen and other workers, that believed enough in the thoughts of those visionaries as expressed by Paine, to take up arms against the military of that time.

Jefferson, the final author of the Declaration of Independence, never served in the military. He had a deep distrust of a standing army.
The committee of five that were given the task of drafting included Sherman, Franklin, Jefferson, Adams, and Livingston. As with Jefferson none of the others served in the military.

So by all means respect the military, but without the ink on paper that was accepted by the Continental Congress on 7/4/76, the sacrifices of that military would be meaningless.

divil

God bless America!

Maybe some regulars will remember, but a while back I posted a thread on how to go about purchasing a firearm as a non-immigrant alien (I am here on a long but not permanent business visa): here is the link: http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=384340

Well, it ended in tears, because despite me meeting all the legal requirements I was turned down. Then, after some friends encouraged me, I decided to try again, so yesterday I picked out a nice .22 target pistol, filled out the paperwork, and although I was delayed, today I finally got the go ahead, and picked up my very first handgun shortly afterwards!

So thanks to everyone who posted helpful and encouraging words before, it has turned out right in the end. And it could not possibly have happened on a more appropriate day! Happy birthday USA!

Darren007

but without the ink on paper that was accepted by the Continental Congress on 7/4/76, the sacrifices of that military would be meaningless.

And without the military, the ink on paper that was accepted by the Continental Congress on 7/4/76 would be worthless. :)

azsixshooter

Happy Independence Day!!

You're all the BEST! I love these forums! Thanks everybody and thanks admins! Best wishes for a happy, safe, fun 4th of July!

Bud Helms

Four (count 'em ... 4) threads merged into one. One even had the same title as this one. They are merged here because it was first.

Happy Independence Day.

CMichael

Anyone can put ink on paper.

I give the most greatest to the people who defeated the greatest superpower in the world at that time.

EdInk

Nice tattoo. (It makes up for the barbwire above it.) :D

Happy 4th of July.

Congrats to the guy that got approved for his first gun.

Buzzcook

Anyone can put ink on paper.

Well if that's the case, why celebrate the 4th of July? Why not celebrate 10/19/1781? The 4th is the anniversary of ink on paper and the 19th is the anniversary of military triumph.

Just have fun and don't blow any fingers off with explosive devices.

blume357

Next time you put ink on paper.... will it be a gamble for your

life and your family to be left destitute?

the last sentence in that declaration was no joke my friend....

Vt.birdhunter

Favorite Fireworks for HD

Happy Independence Day all. Purely for amusement...

My nephews were celebrating the fourth last night, set off some of those 300 shot whistling rocket batteries (light one fuse, 300 whistling bottle rockets go off in a minute or so)
Assuming your were established in your fire retardant concrete bunker, gas mask in place; a couple of those fellas pointed down stairs, hallways, corners, etc. could be an interesting deterrent for bad guys.

Anyone else have a favorite firework for driving back the masses of Zombies, robot space monkeys and such? :)