Happy Father's Day to me!

sks

Celebrated Father's Day early yesterday due to some upcoming travel for the family and was surprised to get a new Remington 597 VTR!

597VTR.jpg

So, now comes the hard part. :) What do I put on top of it and what ammo does it like best? Guess I'll have to shoot a few hundred rounds and see what happens.

Any suggestions for optics? Red Dot? Regular scope? My AR has a nice ACOG but I am NOT spending that kind of money for this gun. :D It will be for plinking and fun.

Thanks for your suggestions!

big al hunter

Try a vortex scope. They have many flavors and prices. http://www.vortexoptics.com The crossfire is the low end of the standard scopes. The sparc is one of the red dot variety that has recieved good reviews here on TFL. Prices around here are a bit lower than the listed prices on the website. Check out the warranty its awsome. I have two different models of the viper series and love 'em. I would put them between burris and ziess for quality of the optics.

sks

Thanks for the information. Will check into those and check out Bass Pro and Cabela's this weekend as well.

Can't wait to get this out for some shooting.