Handled a 9mm LCR today....

XDforever

and I LIKED it!! It had the exposed hammer so that makes it an LCR x right? It was an okay price NIB $397 + 3% for CC and 8.25% tax. I didn't get it as it was the first time I had handled one. But it felt great in my hand. I was at the Mesquite, TX gun show.

I'm thinking this is going to be my next gun purchase. It will take the place of my S&W 642 j frame. It will be a good pick up for me as it will also share ammo with my Shield 9mm and my Mod 2 SC 9mm.

Dang it! Now I am wishing I had gone ahead and gotten it.

Joe

Carmady

$397 new? That's very good.

Around here the retailers have the 9mm LCR (not LCRx) for $600+ after tax. I just checked a week or two ago, and they were sold out. I have a 9mm LCR and am delighted with it.

smee78

Wow, that was a good price. I would go picked it up for that low price. Now if I could just find an LCRX 327 for the same price I would be delighted.

TruthTellers

I'm at a stalemate trying to decide which LCR I'd rather have, the 9mm or the .327. There's benefits to both and I guess the determining factor will be price. If I could get the 9mm LCR for $400, yes, I'd take it. I have yet to see the .327 LCR's go for that low a price.

WagonM

9mm REVOLVER !!!!! Tell me about it.. :) Many nay sayers but I am a believer!

I started with a SP101 9mm, put in some MCarbo treatment to get it down to 4.7# DA. It shoots one ragged hole at 7 yds ... better than I can do with pistols.. :D

Just took home yesterday a LCR-9 with 6 clips with an extra small grip for $360.... used, of course, but like new. Owner told me that it has only seen two range time, and the condition looks like it. Couldn't pass it up.

$390, if new, would be a killer deal.. good luck if it is still available....

KyJim

I, too, like a 9mm in a short barreled revolver. I have the 2-inch barreled LCR and it has a nice trigger.

tomrkba

I have one. It's okay. I like it because it works with cheap 9mm ammo. But, other than that, it's just another snubby revolver.

buck460XVR

Looked at one at my LGS just the other day too. They quoted me around $560 OTD, matching Bud's Gunshop online price. Way too much IMHO, but I probably would have grabbed one at the $397 price.

dgludwig

My "dream" LCR concealed hammer revolver would have three features: .327 Federal Magnum chambering; a 3" barrel and cost $397.00. :)

Cosmodragoon

My "dream" LCR concealed hammer revolver would have three features: .327 Federal Magnum chambering; a 3" barrel and cost $397.00.

Now that Ruger has a 3" magnum frame for the LCRx, a .327 version should be just around the corner. Do you think they'll ever release a 3" version of the original LCR?

TruthTellers

Now that Ruger has a 3" magnum frame for the LCRx, a .327 version should be just around the corner. Do you think they'll ever release a 3" version of the original LCR?
I could see them making a model with a bobbed hammer in limited quantities, probably a Lispey's special.

Ruger's not really into bobbed hammers tho.