Handguns in diffrent Cities

pittspilot

Hi all

I am going to Law School in about a year, (I know, I know) and am therefore intersted in what the various cities are like in relation to gun control. I live in California now. The schools I am looking at include the cities and schools of Detroit, Washington D.C. (I know illegal), Yale and Harvard, and possibly Duke.

I am trying to help and be a pro-gun attorney, we need all of these that we can get.

Jim V

Well Detroit is in Wayne County and that county's political hacks are very antigun. Getting a CWP or as it is called in Michigan a CCW is almost impossible there, unless you are part of the connected. However there is a ray of sunshine, Macomb County. Macomb County is one of a few counties that are "Shall Issue". In Michigan county boards issue the state wide CCW, this board is made up of a rep. from the State Police, the sheriff's dept. and the prosecutor's office. At this time the board is 2 to 1 pro-CCW or at least follows the laws regarding issuance. The CCW is valid anywhere in the state regardless where it is issued.

I hope this helps.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
"If there be treachery, let there be jehad!"

JimR

My sense is that Duke as an institution is nearly as PC as Yale and Harvard.

However, it has the substantial advantage of being in a much more gun-friendly, Southern state, when compared to MA and CT (especially MA; not as sure about CT, but I don't think it's too good).

RWK

PittsPilot,

First, if that refers to a Pitt Special, you are a true renascence man.

Second, I am a Duke Business School alumnus, a former member of the Fuqua School's Alumni Council, and a current member of the University's overall Alumni Board of Directors. Duke is an absolutely outstanding institution -- top ten statuses in the undergraduate, law, business, medicine, divinity, and several other schools -- however, like ALL top-tier universities, it has a decidedly liberal orientation. I wouldn't allow this to be a substantial consideration in your selection of a law school. If you want further information, please don't hesitate to contact me by e-mail. A final point, Durham has a strong anti-sidearms political position, although most of North Carolina is not so restrictive.

hoosierboy

How about Notre Dame in my hometown. As far as politically it is very conservative, and Indiana is a very gun friendly state. It also has a great reputation and the alumni takes great care of its graduates. I would take a serious look at it. I could always use another person to go to the range with.

------------------
"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force."

--Ayn Rand, in "The Nature of Government"

http://hometown.aol.com//jsax13/web.html

pittspilot

Interesting replies from all.

I am not too interseted in CCW, mostly just home defence. So as long as the place in question allows you to have one in your home, since I am married and will not live on campus.

I am basically going to the best chool that will accept me

And yes I am a Pitts Special Pilot as well as a Pitts special intructor. Pitts Special refers to an aerobatic aircraft that is capable of advanced aerobatics.