Handgunners Unite

Amin Parker

After the millionth ' I hate ' thread on the Revolver forum no less i would like us handgun enthusiasts to stop this madness.

Governments, all sorts of politicians, ngo's, some police members etc etc etc would like nothing more than see us disarmed, why are we spending our time fighting?

Sure not everyone likes Glocks, some misguided people may find a Colt Python ugly ( i think they might be blind), as long as we are all shooting, taking part in gun sports/games and protect ourselves and loved ones we should be united.

Guns are such great fun to collect and shoot, so much history and beauty that we can surely find more positive to say to encourage each other. I too admit to being negative at some point but am stopping this madness.

I am taking my Glocks out of retirement and shooting one event with it at my next competition, my 1911s will be used for the other and my Python for revolver events.

How about it guys? A truce for the sake of our hobby.

Ben Towe

Amen! I personally wouldn't give a hoot in hell for every DA revolver ever made, but if you love them, by all means, treat yourself to another. Making a thread on how much I dislike them is crazy. Who cares? I buy what I like and don't expect to be called stupid for it.

EdInk

I think of the debates among gun enthusiasts as being more like two friends arguing over football. Each guys likes his team (and secretly likes certain players/coaches of his friends team) and will argue until blue in the face about it. However, the second some other guy shows up and starts talking about how soccer is "the REAL football blah, blah, blah" they unite together to laugh him out of the sports bar. In other words, it's all a "friendly debate."

T B Good

It's almost like asking Red Sox and Yankees fans to become buddies.
I guess the old union chant fits "United we stand, divided we fall".