handgun worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jereco

:) I recently acquired a CESKAZBROJOUKA 6 shot 380cal 4" barrel handgun. I am wondering if someone can tell me more about it, and what it may be worth?
The serial #265xxx, model #E7-39. It is in very good condition, all the numbers are visible, and match. Thanks JERECO

RJay

I think what you have is a gun manufactured by Ceska Zbrolovka Model 38 {. CZ 38 for short }. The alpha letter and number would be the inspector marks, and 39 would be the year made ( 1939 ), When the Germans took a vacation in the Czech country side they decided to incorporate the factories output into their own system as the Pistolen 39. You may or my not have German acceptance markings , if you do, it will add abut a 10 percent premium. I will let someone else guess-a-mate the value. The pistol was not well received because of the difficultly in firing it, the action ( Trigger Action ) was very stiff, after firing the action would chamber a round, but the hammer would follow the slide down, every shot required cocking the hammer by use of the trigger. at least that is what I think you have:D Could be wrong, been wrong before.

Winchester_73

You may or my not have German acceptance markings , if you do, it will add abut a 10 percent premium.

Could be wrong, been wrong before.

Well you're wrong about that. In what I've seen, a CZ 38 with REAL (beware of fakes) WaffenAmt markings, adds 50% to 75% to the value. WaA CZ38s are rarely seen for less than $1000.

Despite the gun being a CZ 38, it was also known by the wehrmacht as the "P.39" as Rjay said because "P.38" was obviously already taken. These are rare partly because of the Germans wanting either 32 acp or 9mm autos. 380 was non standard and a lot of CZ 380 guns were sold (some to the Finns) / not issued.

Is this your gun? (upper right) This is mine, a beautiful Czech proofed example. Deep rich blue, all original NON import. Unfortunately it has no WaA but its still a great piece. Pictured with it are a CZ 24 (SA marked for Finn acceptance - upper left) and a CZ 27 WaA76 (bottom) gun and a plain CZ 27 that was my great grandfather's (middle).

CZpistols.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.