Handgun Scopes: Burris or Bushnell?

stmcelroy

Looking at my options for scoping a MRI Lone Eagle 30.06

Narrowed it down to two scopes.

Bushnell(Bausch & Lomb) 2x6

or

Burris 2-1/2 x 7

Setting aside the power differences, they're close enough, which do you think is better? And why?

Do you have experience with either?

Thanks,
Steve Mc.

Steve in PA

I have a Bushnell 2x6 on my Ruger Super Redhawk .44mag. I've had it on there for gosh.....6,7.....8? years I guess and its handled everything I've thrown at it. I'd buy another one.

labgrade

Member In Memoriam
Curious as the "just the two."

I've a Luepold 2.5X8 on a Contender - super scope.

Just curious. Price, or ?

MatthewM

Leupold's are regarded as the best in their price range (very high for most people).

Burris made in the last couple years are supposed to be equal to Leupold and are cheaper.

Bushnell isn't in their league... But, probably good value for the money.

*These are considered opinions on rifle scopes. I'm presuming the same holds true for pistol scopes. -Source, all those perfectionists on benchrest.com. I've also discussed Burris with the company.

One big aspect of quality required has to do with sturdiness. If you were cost conscious and using it on a .22 plinker, a cheap scope might be best. If your Lone Eagle is rarely shot, a mid price scope might be OK.
If you are shooting it every trip to the range, or competition or hunting and if you can afford it, you should get the Burris or Leupold.

I'm going to get a Burris on my next bolt rifle. They have some with a wider power range than Leupold.