Handgun Safe for Nightstand

Captains1911

I'm looking for a reasonably priced nightstand handgun safe for my girlfriend's house, because there are 4 children living there. Quick access is a must and it only needs to fit a Glock 19 with weapon light. I was almost set on a MiniVault until I read numerous negative reviews regarding poor battery life. The biometric safes are appealing except for the price. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Rj1972

safe

I like the fort knox pistol safe. it's kinda big though, so you'd need to measure.

My personal preference is simplex locks (push button). No electronics, and I can open it pretty fast.

I also have a small v-line safe (also a simplex lock) that I like, although it's super tiny (LCP in the office). They have larger ones though.

Two downsides here:
1. my fort knox isn't exactly quiet in the dead of night. Not sure if that's a concern or not. It's not to me.
2. You can only have 1084 possible combinations (assuming 5 button). This means that a minor could sit there for HOURS trying to figure out the combination by crossing them off of a list that you can download off the internet. Again, not a big concern for me.

FAS1

If you don't like the electronics on something that you want and expect to be very reliable when you need it I would look toward the ones that have the push button mechanical locks.

1279319086370-2101449228.jpeg

pgdion

I like this one from Stack-On. It didn't cost that much (got it at Gander Mtn on sale) and it has been a great performer. Battery life has been excellent. Practice the code and it's easy to hit the buttons even in the dark.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

power5

Got mine at Bass pro for $79. Difference is that it only has 4 rubber electic buttons on top for a 5 number combo. When code is entered it pops up automatically. Also has a 9v opener on the side of the front. So I taped a 9v to back. Then if batteries inside fail I can still open it. Still needs the code I think??? May need to read that part again. Not very safe if my kid just needs to stick the battery to the side and it pops open.

Mine holds my 92fs and 6 loaded mags with a flashlight as well.
https://skydrive.live.com/redir.asp...8821CCF7B0752!1274&parid=7CA8821CCF7B0752!962

https://skydrive.live.com/redir.asp...8821CCF7B0752!1276&parid=7CA8821CCF7B0752!962

Last edited:

MonsterB

I would go with the Smith and Wesson sigma 9VE. Around 350 new and reliable.

:rolleyes:
Good example of someone who should be removed from TFL. I like this website because its NOT Glocktalk.

sserdlihc

I like this one from Stack-On. It didn't cost that much (got it at Gander Mtn on sale) and it has been a great performer. Battery life has been excellent. Practice the code and it's easy to hit the buttons even in the dark.

I like Stack-On as well. I mounted mine in my truck.
DSCF4230.jpg