Handgun mounted lights

Noreaster

Like you hear your opinions about the durability of different lights. Just observed one come apart while firing on a P229 and I want something that will last.

bigredfish

I also have a P229 SCT as my bedside gun and like the idea of a tac light on it.

I tried two TLR-3's and both broke rather quickly. Plastic snapped same place on both. The light is bright, and shorter than most which I liked. It fit the 229 perfect.
tlr-3sm.jpg

Streamlight was very good about replacing it but had to find something else. I went with the TLR-1 and have 0 problems with it. Take it off at the range occasionally, and to clean the gun and it still fits tight, is plenty bright, hasn't left any ugly marks, and seems to be holding up very well. The TLR-1 has metal where the TLR-3 had plastic, and I'm willing to bet it will be around for quite a while.

family_photo.JPG

Expypate

I just got a Insight M6 LED in tan to match my M&P 45. It has the light and laser. Bright as hell and really nice quality.

ZEBRARANGER

I didnt know they used plastic on the mount of the TLR-3. They use machined aluminum on the mount on the TLR-2 (maybe thats why). I've had the TLR-2 light & laser combo on the Beretta .40 for a couple of years now with no problems. I like that it doesn't extend past the barrel. It too is my nightstand gun.
DSC06508-1-1.jpg

BigPoppa

Expypate, Ditto I bought my M6 Laser/Light Combo back in Dec. 2008. Very satisfied with it as it will fit all major handguns i.e. S&WM&P,SpringfieldXDM,Taurus & Glock.

Ricky

I didn't say Bud light, I said Gun light!

I have a TLR1 on my Glock model 22. Another nice thing about the tac light is the little bit of weight under the barrel tames the recoil quite nicely, makes my .40 feel like a .38

Mrgunsngear

I have the TLR1s on my G21 and the TLR1 on my 1911 E Series and have had 0 issues with either. Both are awesome and perform exceptionally.
IMAG0458.jpg

shooter_john

TLR-1's seem pretty cop-proof, and that can be hard to do. I personally have 3 TLR-1's and one Surefire X300 and I would have no problem recommending either of them.

Noreaster

Nice photo of the PX4. I'm pretty much sold on the TLR-1. I saw glock lights for $99.00 at the local shop and was thinking of it, but no one had any comments or opinions so I'll stick with the TLR-1.