Handgun Hideouts, review posted.

Sharkbite

Hollowed out books have been used for a LONG time.

So much so that it is common for burglars to tip over book shelves just to see what falls out. Even Hobby Lobby carries these.

Cool idea, just dont think you are fooling anyone

Hunter0924

I have practicing my reading. :)
I realize the idea is not perfect but it is much better than a gun hidden under a mattress or couch cushion.

Koda94

oldest trick in the book... pun intended.

at least make the thief have to bring tools or turn a wrench there are cheap ways to secure and stage a firearm for home defense.

nice Delta Elite BTW...

Hunter0924

I have been keeping the SP 101 in the book, I used the other pistols in the article just to show the fitment.
I have been keeping a gun in the book for over a month now and it has not had a second look.
The Handgun Hideout book was not designed to secure a book from a thief, but more to have a gun close at hand but hidden, while you are in reach.
For what it is designed for, it works pretty good.

peggysue

Years ago I tried to hollow a book out myself. Really hard to do with an x-acto.
They look really well executed and a good price. Good alternative and hidden in plain sight. How many people even pick up a Dictionary anymore with computers and smart phones. My old Webster Dictionary just sits and gathers dust

Last edited:

Koda94

My apologies, none of my thoughts on the book are meant to belittle anyone. My concern is children or visitors who might pick up the book and that is a legitimate concern. Likewise if everyone in the house knows what the book is and familiar with guns the book could be an option for staging a firearm close by.

Last edited:

rodfac

If it works for you, no worries...for me, I warn family and visitors that ALL GUNS ARE HOT in this house and that NO ONE PICKS THEM UP WITHOUT MY IMMEDIATE PRESENCE. When grandkids visit, all working guns are in the safe til they leave...just can't take the chance.

I have no illusions that a break-in artist won't find my 'stash' of weaponry if ever there was one, but it'll take an entire afternoon to hammer into the safe.

Rod