Handgun from the movie “WAR”

IM_Lugger

I was just watched “WAR” on DVD with Jet Lee and Jason Stratham and noticed something interesting about the guns/ammo they used in the movie. The “Rouge’/Jet Lee character had what I think is Walther P99 (I'm pretty sure), but the cases/‘brass’ (in the movie they said they were titanium ) they found supposedly fired by the gun were bottleneck - 5.7mm caliber to be exact (I paused to read the stamp). They even showed him picking up and tapping a magazine loaded with bottleneck cartrighes w/ pointed bullets (not the .357sig) and loading it in the P99(?)(it could’ve been another magazine). The gun didn’t look like FN 57 which leaves me a little confused….

Anyone saw the movie? What gun did you see?:confused:

Sgt.Fathead

Holly Weird

Saw the movie and noticed the very same thing. That's Holly Weird, no need for a basis in reality. To non-gun people, perhaps a large segment of the audience, that wouldn't have registered. There's been many a thread here at TFL listing these bizarre movie magic moments; cocking hammer sounds with a Glock in the picture, actions cycled again and again, etc.

I go to the movies to be entertained and suspension of disbelief is certainly part of it but the lack of attention to detail w/r/t firearms seems to irk all of us who are gun oriented. We like to see 'them' get it right!

falnovice

I rented that one this week and now I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!!

For an action movie with Jet Li and Jason Stratham I would expect some good hand to hand fight scenes, prehaps a few great one even. This movie had few HTH, and no real good ones. ***? Felt like I was watch some cheesey ninja flick from the late eighties.

BanditSRT8

The only thing I noticed was that both Li and Statham should never be allowed on any celluloid ever again after this travesty.

My dear God, I actually feel dumber after watching that piece of rancid garbage.

IM_Lugger

For an action movie with Jet Li and Jason Stratham I would expect some good hand to hand fight scenes, prehaps a few great one even. This movie had few HTH, and no real good ones. ***? Felt like I was watch some cheesey ninja flick from the late eighties
I didn't like how the movie ended :( so I watched the director's comentary on the DVD to see what the director was smoking and he said he didn't want this to be a kung-fu movie and wanted it to be very realistic. Personally I didn't have a problem with it, but a a good fight seen is aways good :)

Anyways I found a thread on another forum I frequent where an armourer who worked on the movie also posts! He said
The director wanted a cool looking gun(P99) but wanted it to shoot a "Cool looking,devastating,armour piercing round".So they decided to use the P99 and,through movie magic,make it fire the 5.7.
so I guess I was right about the P99 and 5.7mm I kinda figured they wanted to use looker looking round than 9mm or .40...:rolleyes: