Had the *best* day at the range!

chris in va

It was fate. Here's how things lined up.

I finally got around to casting/loading a few hundred 9mm for my CZ, and had about 300 45's ready to go. Did an IDPA match in the morning with my GF and we headed up to the main range for a little AR plinking.

The range was packed solid, so we're sitting there inside the house cooling off and up walks a family of four with their rental handguns. I managed to get a table and offered to share it with them.

Turns out they were from Montreal. Never held/fired a handgun before so we offered to show them the ropes and give them a little extra time with my AR and Glock 21. I've never seen somebody so enthusiastic about trying out new guns.

We then went down to the lower IDPA range and pinged steels for a couple hours with my CZ. Everyone did great, the two boys (weaned on CoD) tried their hand at the targets and realized just how hard it is to shoot a real handgun. Dad didn't want to stop and despite having never fired one before, was hitting a small popper at 60 yards on his third shot.

Excellent day! I live for stuff like this. I think they have a new appreciation for the positive side of firearms and was pleasantly surprised at their open mindedness, having been weaned on movies and negative press. They actually drove two hours to get to the range.