had 3 of my snubbies out for some range time this last weekend...

Air Weight J Frame 22 Magnum ( with Speer short barrel Gold Dot ammo )
Air Weight J Frame 32 H&R Magnum ( with hand loads )
Ruger LCR-X 2" 38 Special ( with hand loads )

most CCW shootable ( for me )...

the 7 shot 22 Magnum easily wins... this gun is new to me, & my 1st time shooting it... shooting double action, rapid fire, from 15 ft, the 22 Mag shot to point of aim, & with a 3" 7 shot group

2nd place... the 32 H&R Magnum... shooting double action, rapid fire, from 15 ft, the 32 Mag shot to point of aim, & with a 6" 6 shot group

3rd place... the 38 Special... this gun is newer, I bought it for Christmas... only had it out a couple times so far... shooting double action, rapid fire, from 15 ft, the 38 special shot about 4" high, & with a 11" 5 shot group, with one "miss" too far wide...

all guns shot decent groups slow fire...

this is probably predictable, as recoil progressed up along with the caliber ( but note the smaller caliber's groups also had extra shots fired )

I should have taken out my 396 as well, but since I had a couple buddies over, it ended up being a long day of shooting...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 351 PD.jpg
    351 PD.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 438
  • LCR-X.jpg
    LCR-X.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:

txray22

I fired my SP101 .357 and LCR .22LR today. Love those snubs. The little .22 is going to be my old age pocket carry gun. No recoil and easy to shoot well. My some of that CCI segmented ammo?

Phil

weblance

I shot a few of my snubs this weekend also. Charter Arms 44 Bulldog, Charter Arms 9mm Pitbull, Charter Arms 38 Police Undercover, Charter Arms 2" 22 LR Pathfinder, Taurus 2" 327 Federal, Taurus 905 9mm

The 44 Bulldog is a Rock Star! I love that gun.

The 9mm Pitbull is ammo sensitive, as far as extraction. Brass cases are much better than nickle(brass extracts easily), dont even try steel, or aluminum. I learned my lesson.

The 38 Police Undercover is a nice shooter

The 22 LR Pathfinder is fun.

The 327 Taurus really packs a PUNCH! with 327 Magnums. I tried some 32 ACP in it, thought the first one was a squib. Nope. WOW! are those weak in a 20 something ounce revolver. They feel pretty snappy in my 6 oz Kel-Tec P32.

The Taurus 905 is a joy. No issues with extraction like the 9mm Pitbull, because its a moon clip revolver. I like moon clips. Nice gun.

Dave Chuppa

I like Snubs best. I rarely shoot anything els. I only carry Snubs. My favorite are the 442, LCR357, and SP101. I always have Two of these on me.

I shot my wife's LCR 357 but truthfully I'll have to switch out the grips. She got it with the CT laser grips and at that weight (16) ozs. it's brutal. She made a good point that in an emergency you'll never notice it. As for accuracy, it was very good. Not like my GP 100 but under 10 yards it's very accurate. At least for me.
Doc

JERRYS.

how ironic. I took my wife and daughter to the range last weekend and it was an all revolver outing. Model 60 NY-1, LCR .22LR, 4" Model 64-2.

Guv

Another vote for Snubs!

I have always done about as well with a good quality 2 1/2 to 3 inch revolver as say a 4 inch. My favorites as a sidearm while deer/hog hunting.